"How to reset Window 8.1 administrator password? Please help."
Forgot Windows 8.1 password? Can't login your Windows 8.1 system since you free update it on your laptop? You are not locked out of your computer forever even though you lost Windows 8.1 password. Here are the top 6 ways for you to reset Windows 8.1 local admin/user password and domain password.
Top 6 Ways to Reset Windows 8.1 Login Password
If you forgot the admin password, or someone has changed the user password without your permission to lock you out of PC, you can use the ways below to reset Windows 8.1 password or reset Windows 8 password and regain access to your system. Note that some of them apply to Admin password, some to the password of other user accounts, and some to both local and domain password (Windows Password Reset showed below). Here are the details:
For Windows 8.1 Admin Password Reset
The methods below are applied to resetting Windows 8.1 admin password without disk.
- 1. Try to type the user account password. When Windows 8.1 system was setup on your notebook or other computer, the primary user account will be configured with administrator privileges. Try it to remove Windows 8.1 password.
- 2. Use the Microsoft account if you have one. A Microsoft account contains the email address and password which you can use to sign into Windows 8.1. After you sign into your PC with a Microsoft account, your PC is connected to the cloud and your settings and contents are synced to any Windows 8 PC. Try it if you have one to reset your Windows 8.1 password online.
- 3. Reinstall the Windows 8.1 system. System reinstallation can help you bypass Windows 8.1 password and regain access to your computer, but it will cause data loss.
For Windows 8.1 User Password Reset
The ways introduced below are fit to reset Windows 8.1 user account password.
- 4. Try the administrator password to check whether you can reset the forgotten user password.
- 5. Use the password reset disk. If you have previously created the password reset dist with a CD/DVD or a USB flash drive before you lost password, you can use it to recover Windows 8.1 password.
For Windows 8.1 Password Reset of Local Admin, User, and Domain Accounts
- 6. Try Windows Password Reset, if you don't what to waste your time and energy on these methods above, or you don't want to reset Windows 8.1 password with command prompt (which will take you more than one hour and worse still, it may not help out). Window Password Reset is the most professional Windows password reset software to reset the lost or forgotten Windows 8.1 local and domain password. You can even remove, change, or create a new Windows 8.1 password. With 100% reset rate, it only takes you 2 minutes for password reset.
Windows Password Reset works for all the existing brands of computers (such as the PC with Window 8.1 pre-installed, computers updating to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.1 preview, Windows 8, Windows 8 preview, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista). The table below shows only the popular ones.
|Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 15.6-INCH||Lenovo G580 15.6-Inch||Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet|
|Lenovo ThinkPad Twist||Lenovo IdeaPad Twist||HP ENVY SleekBook|
|HP Pavilion||HP EliteBook||HP ENVY dv6 HP|
|HP ProBook b||HP Spectre XT 13||HP Pavilion|
|Samsung NP355E5C-A01US||Samsung Series 3||Samsung Series 9|
|Toshiba Satellite||Sony VAIO E Series||Sony VAIO T Series|
Here we take how to reset Windows 8.1 administrator password as an example. And the steps to reset Windows 8 password are the same.
- Step 1. Go to any available computer and download, install Windows Password Reset.
- Step 2. Insert a CD/DVD or USB drive to this computer. Launch the program, choose the target CD/DVD or USB drive, and click "Burn" button to create a bootable disk.
- Step 3. Insert the newly created bootable disk (the CD/DVD or the USB drive) into the computer of which you lost password. Here we take CD/DVD for example.
- Step 4. Turn on this computer. As it starts it should display an option to enter the system set up menu. Do it as the screen indicates. Then find the settings that controls which device the system boots from. Be sure CD-ROM is sleeted as a first priority boot device. Make the change, then save and exit.
- Step 5. Windows Password Reset will help to restart your computer. You will see the interface of this program. Select the locked Windows 8.1 operating system and click "Next".
- Step 6. There are 4 options for you to reset Windows 8.1 password (showed in the picture below). Check one user name and one password reset option, and then click "Next".
- Step 7. In the pop-up window, click "Next" to confirm the operation and then follow the instructions to finish Windows 8.1 password reset.
Among the top 6 ways, we highly recommend Windows Password Reset for you to reset Windows 8.1 password of administrator, user accounts or the domain. Feel free to try it. To avoid Windows 8.1 password or other Windows system password forgotten or lost, we sincerely advise you to take the following tips.
How to Avoid Forgetting or Losing Windows 8.1 Password
After you use Windows Password Reset to reset, change or create a new Windows 8.1 password on your laptop or desktop computer, you'd better use these tips to avoid password loss in future.
- 1. Write down your Windows 8.1 password on a paper and keep it in a safe place.
- 2. Right after you create a new password for Windows system, create a password reset disk:
Inset your removable media > Click the Start button on your laptop > click Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety, User Accounts > Click Create a password reset disk > follow the instructions.
If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to consult with us.