Crashes are the inseparable part of the computer life. It’s safe to assume that no computer owner has never experienced any crash with their devices. The question is how do you recover from that unfortunate situations. Every computer brand has its unique crash recovery method, and it might be similar or different with other brands. But if you own an HP laptop, here are several ways that you could try to recover from a crash.
Method 1: Let the Professionals Do Their Job
If your HP laptop is still within the warranty period, the best advice is to contact HP support for assistance. The people at the support center are trained professionals who experienced to deal with similar problems. They should be able to give you solutions or at least point you to the nearest service center.
Even if your unit is out of warranty period, letting the professionals do their job is always the best option most of the time. You will save time and headache trying to figure out things that you don’t understand and more often than not end up in the worst position than where you started.
Method 2: Fix Crashed HP Laptop Using System Recovery
With that being said, there are times when you could solve the problems yourself. If your HP laptop crashed with blue/black screen, you still can start the recovery process. Performing a full system recovery takes time (two to four hours, depending on the model of computer) and transfers a large amount of data. With so much data to move, problems can sometimes occur. Please note that a system recovery completely erases all files, programs, and saved work on the hard drive. Always back up important information before attempting a recovery.
- Remove media from internal drives. Turn off the computer. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove any recently added internal hardware.
- NOTE: Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
- After you are done with the preparations, turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose your keyboard layout screen displays.
- Click to select the keyboard layout. The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Choose an Option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager
- On the operating system selection screen, click Windows 8.1 or other versions of Windows that you are using.
- Open Minimized Image Recovery. Follow the on-screen instructions to back up your data and recover your computer.
Extra tips: How to Recover Your Data from Crashed HP Laptop
Doing System Recovery always comes with the risk of losing your precious data inside the internal hard drive. While full system backup will prevent you from the disaster, sometimes the unpredicted crashes can stop you from doing the backup. What should you do if you’ve lost your data without any backup to recover from?
Some software can help you recover data from a damaged drive. There are two tools that can help you recover from this devastating situations. The recommended tools to do that kind of job are Data Recovery WinPE and Any Data Recovery Pro. But please note that these apps can only do so much as the data that you will be able to recover will depend on the state of your hard drive.