WhatsApp has become the world's most popular instant messaging application. From private to professionals, all conversations are done via WhatsApp nowadays. And that's why WhatsApp messages become more prominent. And if somehow, you end up deleting your messages, it will be like a disaster. Currently, users are searching for how to see WhatsApp deleted messages. So, here we are going to learn how we can read deleted messages on WhatsApp.
How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp iPhone 11/XR/X/8/7/6s
We have gathered four methods that would allow the users to find out how to view deleted messages from WhatsApp. Let's go through them one by one.
- Way 1: How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp iPhone without Backup
- Way 2: How to View Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup (WhatsApp's Method)
- Way 3: How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp from iTunes Backup
- Way 4: How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp from iCloud Backup (Apple's Way)
Way 1: How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp iPhone without Backup
When you don't want to try out the typical method for restoring WhatsApp messages, you look for alternates especially when you don't have any backup. If you wish to learn how to see deleted messages in WhatsApp without uninstalling, then the one and the only answer is Any iOS Data Recovery tool. The software offers three different options for data recovery in all data loss scenarios. It is a tool which has mastered the recovery features and ensures that users never have to suffer from random data loss situations.
The key features of this tool are listed below:
- Recover WhatsApp messages from iPhone without backup
- Selective extract WhatsApp messages from iTunes & iCloud
- Not only view deleted WhatsApp messages, but other 30 types of data including messages, photos, videos, etc.
- Recovery from any scenario such as factory reset, virus attack, system failure, failed update, or jailbreak.
Users can download the software on either Windows or Mac operating system. As soon as the software is installed, follow the steps below:
Step 1Run the program and you will see the Recover from iOS Device tab by default. Connect your iPhone with the computer and the software will detect it.
Step 2 As the device is detected, you will see the list of available data type for recovery. Select or deselect the ones that you don't want to retrieve and press the "Start Scan" button.
Step 3After the scan finishes, the selected file type scan results will be displayed on the screen. Pick the files and messages that you want to retrieve and click on the Recover button.
The software will ask you where you want to restore the messages. Select the Device option and you will have your WhatsApp messages back on your device.
Way 2: How to View Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup (WhatsApp's Method)
If you have turned on the iCloud backup feature, then it is possible that you can retrieve the lost messages from that backup. But it requires that you have selected the iCloud backup in the WhatsApp settings. This is how to see WhatsApp deleted messages on iPhone and restore them on your device.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and check whether the iCloud backup in on or not. Navigate as Settings> Chats> Chat Backup.
- Step 2: Uninstall the WhatsApp app from your iPhone and reinstall it. As you are re-installing the app, use the same number and verify your account. In the setup process, you will be prompted to restore the chat history from iCloud backup.
- Step 3: Tap on the Restore button and wait as the messages are restored on your device. It will also restore your media files in the background after the messages are restored.
And that's it; you will have your chat messages back on your iPhone.
Way 3: How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp from iTunes Backup
Lucky for us, iOS devices have more than one option to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. If you have a habit of backing up your device data on iTunes, then you can retrieve the chats. But there is a catch with this method as it will erase all your data and settings and restore the ones from the backup.
So, if you want to know how to read deleted messages on WhatsApp iPhone, you have to take the risk with iTunes. The steps are given here:
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your system and connect your iPhone with it. Go to the Summary tab and select from which backup file you want to restore data and settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Select the most recent backup file and click on the Restore backup option.
It will take some time for iTunes to restore and you will lose your new files also.
Way 4: How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp from iCloud Backup (Apple's Way)
There is one other method that can tell you how to read deleted messages on WhatsApp for iOS. Using a factory reset and restoring your device from iCloud backup. You might have to set up your iPhone once again but at least you'll have access to the lost messages. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open Settings app and go to General settings. Select the Reset option and enter the menu.
- Step 2: Click on the Erase All Content and Settings option from the list and enter your device passcode to confirm the action.
- Step 3: As you find yourself on the Setup screen, navigate to the Apps & Data screen and select the Restore from iCloud Backup option. Pick the most relevant backup file and wait as your data is restored on the device.
With this method, you will also end up losing your new files and the ones whose backup is not supported by iCloud. Therefore, it will be better if you use Any iOS Data Recovery for WhatsApp message retrieval.
Wrap It Up
In this article, we learned how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone and how to get them back. You can use iTunes or iCloud features but they have a downside. Luckily, using Any iOS Data Recovery has no downfall and you don't even have to lose a single file to get your messages back. Recommend the tool to your friends and family who are experiencing a similar issue.