"How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone 7?
My kid deleted a couple of WhatsApp messages on my iPhone 7, which is important for me. I checked the official document on WhatsApp, but i don't want to restore the whole chat history coz this will erase the current new ones. I don't know if there was a way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages only, a partial restore is preferred. Anyone have some suggestions on this?"
- Apple Community
WhatsApp is really a nice and easy-to-use program and we use WhatsApp software to connect information with friends. With WhatsApp app, we are able to communicate with others. However, sometimes, we're not always so lucky about it. For some reasons we may delete materials in WhatsApp by accident. What should we do at this point? Just to recover them! Therefore, we are going to share 3 methods about how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages(chat, contacts, videos and photos) on iPhone 7/7 Plus with you, including RED iPhone 7/7 Plus.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup
- Way 2: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- Way 3: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone 7/7 Plus without Backup
If you have backed up WhatsApp data from iPhone to iTunes, then you are able to follow the steps as below.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone 7/7 Plus to your PC or Mac on which you have saved your WhatsApp backup data.
- Step 2: iTunes will open automatically and connect to the iPhone 7. Just tap on the mobile icon -> Summary -> Backups -> This computer -> Restore Backup.
- Step 3: Finally, check out the data and size of each backup file, then choose the iPhone name from the drop-down list and then click "Restore" to free recover deleted WhatsApp conversations.
If you have created backups for your iPhone 7/7 Plus WhatsApp messages into iCloud, then you can follow the below steps to restore them from iCloud backup.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp app in your iPhone 7, sign in iCloud account, and then tap Settings -> Chats -> Chat Backup.
- Step 2: If you see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall it from App Store. Reboot the new WhatsApp again and then open it, it will allow you to verify your phone number, follow the on-screen prompts until you see the "Restore from Chat History".
- Step 3: Wait for the restoring, finally it will prompt that how many WhatsApp messages restored for free.
If the way 1 and way 2 are not working, what you need to do is to free download and install Tenorshare WhatsApp Recovery free trial and then upgrade to the full version to an accessible computer and launch it. This WhatsApp Recovery is an easy and effective program that enables you to get lost/deleted WhatsApp text message, videos, photos and audios back. Moreover, it supports iPhone/iPad/iPod and Windows/Mac platform.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone 7/7 Plus via a USB cable to the accessible computer that has installed WhatsApp Recovery software. Then the application will detect your iPhone automatically. At this step, wait for a moment until you have connected iPhone to the software and PC successfully.
- Step 2: After that, the software will scan your WhatsApp data and preview them in a textbox, which displays name, phone number and the message.
- Step 3: Just choose your deleted WhatsApp message and then tap the "Recover" button to recover it. Finally, you have successfully recovered WhatsApp message from iPhone 7/7 Plus.
Done! Those are all the methods I have found to restore deleted WhatsApp chat history in iPhone 7/7 Plus. Last but not least, if you catch up with any other workable solution to this issue, welcome to share with me