WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication app for iPhone users to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. As an important communication tool for you, having a convenient way to backup important WhatsApp chats on iPhone is needed since any physical damage or software malfunction like WhatsApp crash can cause all of your WhatsApp messages loss. Here we collect the top 3 ways for you to backup WhatsApp history on iPhone selectively for your reference.
- Part 1: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats on iPhone to PC Selectively
- Part 2: How to Backup WhatsApp Messages on iPhone to iCloud
- Part 3: How to Backup WhatsApp conversations Automatically
The easiest way to backup WhatsApp messages and attachments on iPhone to PC or Mac is using Tenorshare iCareFone, a convenient tool that enables you selective backup and restore data on iPhone. Firstly, free download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer.
- Run Tenorshare iCareFone and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. On the main interface, select "Backup & Restore".
- Now check the box before WhatsApp & Attachments and click "Backup" to backup WhatsApp messages without iCloud/iTunes. The backing up time depends on the size of your WhatsApp history.
- Once it finished, you can click "Restore to device" or "Export to PC" to save the backup data either on your iPhone or computer.
Like Android users can backup WhatsApp messages to Google Drive, iPhone users also can backup WhatsApp messages using iCloud Drive. Simply follow steps below:
- Tap on "Settings" and then select the "iCloud" option.
- Tap on iCloud Drive. If the iCloud Drive is turned off, then turn it ON.
- From the list of apps displayed, check to see that "WhatsApp" is turned "ON".
Tired of manually backup WhatsApp messages every time? Don't worry! WhatsApp has an option for you to backup WhatsApp messages automatically. One thing you need to remember is that the backup files are only valid for 7 days after last saved. Make sure you import your chat history before it expires!
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen and Tap on Settings (the gear icon in the bottom right corner).
- Tap the Chats button and then Chat backup.
- Tap on Auto Backup and select a period that how often WhatsApp backs up your data.
That's how to backup WhatsApp messages (texts, photos, videos, and audios) selectively on iPhone. Remember that it is always a good idea to back up all of the data on your iPhone to keep.