WhatsApp is a very popular communication app for many users as it allows chatting, sending messages/photos to family and friends. When you switch from Android to iPhone, you definitely want to transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone. Here in this guide, we’ll introduce you 3 useful methods to copy Android WhatsApp to iPhone and iPad, check them out and pick the one you prefer.
There’s a built-in backup feature in WhatsApp that is able to save all the conversations once enabled. If you are not familiar with it, follow the steps to see how to use this feature.
- Open WhatsApp and tap Menu -> Settings -> Chats -> Chat Backup, click “Backup” button.
- Uninstall WhatsApp in Android phone and open it on your iPhone, sign in the same account.
- Then you’ll receive a pop-up window saying a message backup was found, click “Restore” and all the WhatsApp messages will be transferred to iPhone immediately.
Email is another alternative way to move WhatsApp conversations to new iPhone from Android; the process is pretty simple just like below.
- Open WhatsApp and tap Settings -> Chat Settings -> Chat History -> Email chat.
- Select the chat history files from Android phone and email with or without medis.
- Send the chats to the account you have logged in on your iPhone or iPad.
Apple Inc. has developed an app called Move to iOS, which is able to copy files from Android to iPhone for free. Download the application from Google Play and follow the instructions below.
- On the iPhone setup screen, tap “Move Data from Android” in the App & data screen.
- Open “Move to iOS” on Android phone and tap “Continue”.
- Tap “Continue” on iPhone and wait for the code to appear.
- Enter the code on Android device and select WhatsApp data, tap “Next”.
- Once the loading bar completes, tap “Done” on Android phone and tap “Continue” on iPhone to do the following setup steps.
Tips: If you want to transfer WhatsApp chats or other app files from iPhone to computer, you can try any easy PC-based iOS data manager called Tenorshare iCareFone. This tool is designed to share data between computer and iPhone without any restrictions.
This article has shown you 3 easy methods to transfer WhatsApp chats from Samaung, Google, BlackBerry, Sony and other Android phones to iPhone X/8/7 etc. Choose the one according to your own situation and good luck on the process.