This article will show you 2 simple methods to transfer notes from iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS to computer running Windows 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista or Mac OS X. Notes are really a life helper to us since it reminds us of important things. But sometimes we may delete some significant notes on iPhone by accident or lose them when there is an iOS corruption, iOS 7.1 or iOS 7 update, jailbreak, factory reset, etc. Hence transferring notes from iPhone to computer can help to avoid losing notes forever.
How to Transfer Notes from iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS to PC or Mac?
To transfer notes from iPhone to computer, you can use either iTunes or iPhone Notes Transfer (iPhone Data Recovery). Here are the specific introductions on the 2 methods.
Part 1. How to transfer iPhone notes to computer with iTunes
You can sync notes with iTunes to transfer iPhone notes to computer running Mac or PC. But on a Mac, you must have the latest version Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopardm or OS X Lion installed to sync notes and iTunes no longer supports OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 and later, which means you need to turn to iCloud or an IMAP email account. On a PC, you need to have Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007/2010. What's more, sometimes using iTunes can't fully save iPhone notes to computer with Outlook. If you don't like this method, skip to Part 2.
- Connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable and launch iTunes if it doesn't automatically open.
Note: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Click your iPhone under the "Devices" in iTunes.
- Click the "Info" tab to select what type of information you want to synchronize with your iPhone and then choose "Sync Notes with Outlook".
- Click "Apply" button to copy notes from iPhone to computer.
Part 2. How to transfer notes from iPhone to computer without iTunes?
Still wondering "How do I transfer notes from iPhone to computer" ? Try iPhone Data Recovery to transfer notes from iPhone to PC without iTunes. This software can help to freely copy all notes even though those notes are deleted, and supports iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and more. If you want to transfer notes from iPhone to Mac computer, then go to iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Here is a tutorial of the operation.
- Run iPhone Data Recovery. Connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable and click "Start Scan' to scan your iPhone.
- Choose notes to preview, select all of them or just the wanted ones and click "Recover" button.
- Select a proper folder to save the notes on your computer. You can save the notes in the form of Excel, Text or Xml.
With those 2 methods, you can transfer your iPhone notes to computer within 2 minutes with ease. iPhone Data Recovery can also help you transfer deleted or lost notes to computer after iOS 7.1/7update, jailbreak or factory settings reset.