Just like other phones, your Apple iPhone keeps a log of all incoming and outgoing calls in the message-list of the phone. However, iPhone would automatically delete the previous ones if you get too many calls. Hence it is necessary to transfer call history from iPhone to computer, in order to maintain some important call records. This message will show you the simplest way to transfer the call history from iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS to Computer.
How to Transfer Call History from iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS to PC or Mac?
You may know that when syncing iPhone with iTunes, iTunes will automatically backup iPhone, and the data including call history will be copied to computer. However, this is more just for a backup, and as Apple has made iTunes backup file as a kind of SQLITE Database, you have no access to those files. So the fastest way to transfer iPhone call history to computer is to use iPhone Data Recovery, which is a professional data transfer tool for iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS.
Here is the specific tutorial to export iPhone call history to computer as an offline backup.
- Difficulty: Without Effort
- Equipments Required: A USB cable, a computer
- Time Required: Within 2 minutes
1. Download, install and launch iPhone Data Recovery on your computer (Windows 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista).
2. Connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Click "Start Scan" on the screen since the mode "Recover Data from iOS Device" is a default option.
3. Select call history to preview, choose the wanted ones or all of them and then click "Recover".
4. Choose a proper folder on your computer to transfer call history from iPhone to PC.
After you select the path to transfer call log from iPhone to computer, there are 3 forms for you to save your call history: *.xls, *.txt, and *.xml and any of them allows you to clearly preview the call log.
For those who are using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, go to iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, which can help you transfer call history from iPhone to Mac with ease.