Lost AT&T iPhone data and tried everything you can to restore AT&T iPhone contacts, notes, photos, SMS, voice memos, and other important files? Then I bet you must have learned the lesson and realize the importance of backing up AT&T iPhone regularly. Today I'd like to share with you 3 ways to backup AT&T iPhone before iOS 7.1/7 update, jailbreak, and factory reset. Let's see what solutions we have.
iTunes and iCloud can back up most data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. iTunes can create backups of your iOS device when you Sync with iTunes (your iCloud must be turned off) or choose Back Up option after connect your iPhone with your computer. However iTunes backup is a kind of SQLITEDB file which you can't view backup on your computer. You can only restore the backup to your iPhone. If your iPhone is lost or damaged, there is no way to restore backup.
You can also back up manually with iCloud on the condition that your device is connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi by choosing Back Up Now from Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. Remember that you have only 5GB free space on iCloud, and you will have to pay for extra space.
You already backed up or synched your AT&T iPhone with iTunes before? Then you could use iTunes Data Recovery to backup AT&T iPhone contacts, photos, SMS, notes, etc. to computer for you. iTunes Data Recovery is a professional tool that helps to extract iOS devices contents to visible files on your computer. Since its release, it has enjoyed great popularity among Apple users. Apple users could use it to get back important information from iPhone, iPad, iPod even when their iDevice is lost. They only need to have iTunes backup in the computer. The 4-step-guide on how to backup AT&T iPhone with iTunes Data Recovery is as follows:
1. Download and run iTunes Data Recovery on the computer which you have iTunes backup file for your AT&T iPhone.
2. Run iTunes Data Recovery on your computer. iTunes Data Recovery will automatically find the backup files of different iOS device and list it on the program interface. You just need to select the one signifying your AT&T iPhone 5, 4S or AT&T iPhone 4, and click "Start Scan" to backup AT&T iPhone photos, contacts, voice memos, calendar, camera rolls and so on.
3. Preview scanned files and select the ones you need to backup.
4. Click "Recover" to backup AT&T iPhone SMS, pictures, contacts, safari and more.
iTunes Data Recovery is designed for Windows users, if you want to backup AT&T iPhone to Mac you should try iTunes Data Recovery for Mac which has the same steps of use.
If you are not interested in both the above methods, I'm sure the last method will have your attention. Using this method, you can backup all your iPhone contents including those you deleted not long ago. It is iPhone Data Recovery, also an iOS device backup recovery tool, that makes it possible to transfer AT&T iPhone to PC. In order to use this tool you should first connect your AT&T iPhone or iPad, iPod to your computer. Below are the detailed steps:
1. Download iPhone Data Recovery and launch it on your computer. Connect your iPhone to your computer and click "Start Scan".
2. Start scan and then preview, select files to backup.
3. Choose a path to save selected files for backup.
You could use the above method to backup AT&T iPhone before jailbreak or upgrade iOS.
Besides backing up AT&T iPhone 5s/5c/5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, you can also use what you learnt from the above to backup AT&T iPad mini, iPad with Retina display or the new iPad, which shares the same process. Should you find these solutions useful, don't forget to share with your friends and family how you backup AT&T iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S and other iOS devices.