Apple's iPhone continues to overshadow Samsung in consumer appeal, as a quick look at Twitter activity during the two tech giants' flagship device announcements shows the latest iPhone 5 netted more five times as many messages compared to the Galaxy S4, says one analyst.
Data from Investing Analytics shows that on the day of and day after the devices' respective debuts, the iPhone 5 garnered some 2.4 million tweets, while the Galaxy S4 managed 440,000. Concluded from the Twitter activity, there must be more iPhone 5 users than that of the Galaxy S4. And consequently the iPhone 5 data recovery for Mac will also be hotly debated. As a result I'll explain how to recover iPhone 5 data on Mac in this article. Watch and learn!
How to Recover Deleted iPhone 5 Files on Mac (including after Jailbreak and iOS Updates)
Tip I. Recover Data from iPhone 5 without backup on Mac
1. Download and install Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery for Mac on your MacBook. Then launch the program and select "Recover Data from iOS Devices".
2. Click "Start Scan" to scan for lost data before iPhone 5 data recovery for Mac.
3. As the scanning completes, all files will be listed according to category such as photos, contacts, messages, notes. Now we could preview and check needed ones to restore iPhone data on Mac.
Tip II. Recover iPhone 5 Photos, Contacts, Notes from iTunes Backup on Mac
If you happen to back up your iPhone 5 recently, you are allowed to use another recovery mode of iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Below are the overall steps.
1. Set recovery mode to "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File".
2. Choose the iTunes backup file you need (iPhone Data Recovery for Mac would automatically find and list all iTunes backup on the program interface).
3. Scan iTunes backup for lost iPhone 5 data.
4. Preview and recover deleted or lost files from iPhone 5 on Mac.
Note: Mac Phone Data Recovery works with Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) 10.8, 10.7, 10.6 and below. If you are running Windows OS, feel free to download and try iPhone 5 Data Recovery (Windows) which is the Windows version of this data recovery software.
Additional Tips. How to factory reset your iPhone 5
Contrary to rescue data from iPhone 5, a factory reset erases all your apps, removes any accounts linked to the phone, making it more-or-less as it was fresh out of the box. This is the reset to do if you choose to sell your iPhone 5, or if it keeps on playing up and other solutions do nothing to help.
To perform a factory reset, go to the General sub-menu in Settings and scroll all the way down to the Reset option. Within this menu you'll find several types of reset. The factory one is "Erase All Content and Settings."