I just updated my iPad 3 and then find that some photos and videos are deleted from my iPad after the upgrade. My notes disappeared as swell. How to recover data from the new iPad on Mac?
The above might just be one of the commonly-seen situations of iPad 3 data loss, you could also lose files from iPad 3 when:
You've lost your iPad
Your iPad has gone into recovery mode and needs a reset
You've lost some of the data from your iPad after an iOS upgrade or synch
iPad is water damaged and there is no way to turn on iPad…
How to Perform iPad 3 Data Recovery for Mac and Recover Photos, Contacts, Notes on iPad 3
Here I'd like to share with you 2 methods on how to recover data from iPad 3 on Mac, both of which need the help from a tool called Tenorshare iPad Data Recovery Mac (for Mac users). I recommend this tool because it is not only easy to use, but also recovers data very quickly. It can be installed and worked on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.7, 10.6 and below. Follow me to see how it works.
Method 1.Restore iPad 3 data on Mac without backup
This Professional iPad 3 Data Recovery for Mac supports to recover deleted iPad 3 files on Mac directly from iPad! Driven by surprise, I connect my iPad to Mac to see how it is possible.
1. First of all I select recovery mode to "Recover Data from iOS Device" after launching the program.
2. Click "Start Scan" to scan iPad for lost files.
3. As scanning finishes, I got all files listed by category for previewing. I could preview and recover all my deleted iPad files on Mac now. Then I was informed to check needed files and click "Recover".
Method 2. Recover iPad 3 photos, contacts, notes from backup on Mac
I learned from the guide of the tool that if I have a recent iPad backup, I could also restore iPad 3 from backup on Mac, which is allowed by the "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" mode.
1. Launch Tenorshare Mac iPad Data Recovery, select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". The program then finds all the iTunes backups. I choose my iPad backup and tap "Start Scan".
2. Just after the scanning, we are allowed to preview pictures, contacts, messages, etc. and then recover iPad 3 data from iTunes backup on Mac.
How to Update iPad and iPhone without Losing Data
The steps below apply to both iPhone and iPad. And here we take iPhone for example.
1. Connect your iPad or iPhone to iTunes and launch iTunes.
2. When iTunes shows your device details, right click on your device name and select back up my iPhone option. iTunes will now backup your iPad contacts, recent call logs, messages, photos, application data, music and so on.
3. From the help menu in iTunes, select check for updates and iTunes will check for the updates and alert you that there is an update iOS 5.1 for your device and will ask you if you'd like to download and install it. Select Yes and the download will begin.
4. As download completes, iTunes will automatically start updating your device. This done, your device will reboot.
Here, instead of selecting the option Set Up as new iPhone, select Restore from iTunes.
Then connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes and the restore process will begin. You may now select Start Using iPhone and your iPhone will be updated to the latest iOS 6.1.3 with your files successfully restored.
If you still lost data after the update, let Tenorshare iPad Data Recovery Mac (for Mac users) help you. For Windows users, iPad Data Recovery is available.
if you are Windows user, go to this guide to learn recover data from iPad 3: