Apple's iOS 7 (including iOS 7.1) is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2, and iPod touch 5. If you get any of the iDevices compatible with iOS 7, you may consider "Should I update to iOS 7".
For your information, we'd like to help figure out the reasons why you should upgrade to iOS 7, and the ones why you shouldn't. You can learn how to update to iOS 7 for your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch after you make the final decision for update.
Should I Update to iOS 7 - Reasons for Yes and NO
There are 6 reasons for you to upgrade to iOS 7 and 6 you shouldn't. Read through them and make up your mind as to the question "should I update to iOS 7 now".
Part 1. Reasons to Update to iOS 7
Should you update to iOS 7? Yes! The reasons are:
1. The new iOS 7 is the biggest visual overhaul of iOS since Apple introduced iPhone and Apple has claimed that this new version would quickly become the world's most popular operating system. There are little changes relatively in the previous versions, such as iOS 6 (6.1.3, 6.1.4, etc.). However, there are huge changes in iOS 7: it is the vanguard of Apple's ostensible quest to liquidate skeuomorphic design, a shift that is as significant as the leap from Mac OS 9 to OS X.
2. The new Control Center provides quick access to multiple settings and apps, with which you don't have to hunt for common settings anymore. The Control Center with iOS 7 helps you get many of the commonly adjusted features, from brightness to Airplane Mode to a new build-in flashlight that uses the phone's camera LED.
3. With iOS 7, your iDevice will have an improved and customizable App Store, which allows you to turn on automatic updates to avoid the headache of manually updating each and every app. The App Store also helps you search by age range, which should be a boon to parents wondering whether the app is suitable.
4. Siri has received new functions with iOS 7: pull information from Wikipedia, display the most recent tweets from a specific account with simplified commands, survey nearby restaurants with open tables quickly, etc.
5. iOS 7 improves multitasking on switching between apps as well as closing apps. You just need to swipe upward, or swipe with more than one finger to close multiple apps, and use updates while they're updating.
6. iOS 7 upgrade for your iPhone , iPad and iPod touch is free. Apple would charge you for any money to update iOS devices to the newest iOS 7. Moreover, it is very easy to handle.
Part 2. Reasons not to Update to iOS 7
Should you upgrade to iOS 7? No! The reasons are:
1. Some apps wouldn't be compatible right away if you update to iOS 7. They will fail to work, or fail to appear in the update list because of an incompatibility issue.
2. If you want to jailbreak your device, you shouldn't update to iOS 7, because there isn't a jailbreak available yet. Till now, few iPhone developers have given a firm timeline for offering their jailbreak wares. Since iOS 7 is very secure, it would be very hard for jailbreak tools to exploit the operating system's security layers.
3. You may expect a few bugs and quirks in the first few weeks. In line with previous years, updates will likely be coming to iOS 7 in the trailing weeks after its initial release to fix anything that users are struggling with.
4. In some cases, internal apps or mobile device management (MDM) solutions may not yet be compatible with the latest software and systems may need to be adjusted to accommodate new features.
5. Old iDevices may not see the full performance of iOS 7 and you should be aware that older devices that retain iOS 7 compatibility may be slow or sluggish at times.
6. If you have got used to iOS 6 (iOS 6.1.4/6.1.3) on your current device and it runs well, you don't need to update to iOS 7 right now. There are some reports saying that many users downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6 for unpleasant experience, like that in iOS 7 beta iOS 7 Beta 1/2/3/4/5/6 and iOS 7 Golden Master.
Take all these reasons into your consideration of the question "should I upgrade to iOS 7" and you may get your answer. If you ask for our tips, we'd like to suggest you to try it for a new experience.