Jailbreaking your iPhone with the redsn0w tool can free you from the chains of iTunes and the app store, but doing it can sometimes jam or freeze your iPhone. How can you get back to normal if the worst happens? What kinds of steps can you take to make sure your adventures in jailbreaking are safe and fun?
Jailbreaking is a method of subverting the standard firmware of your iOS device. You do this so you can more easily install non-Apple approved software not available on the Apple app store. Also, you can do things you are not normally allowed to do like change boot logos etc.
If you are going to jailbreak your iOS device, then redsn0w (note the zero in the name) was a good option. The tool was developed by one of the best iOS hacking teams, the iPhone Dev Team, and was one of the most stable and easy to use tools for jailbreaking. Although the project is no longer updated as far as we can tell, if you have an older iPhone and earlier iOS it still works well and many people still use it.
What Device and iOS Version Can RedSn0w Be Used With?
RedSn0w is compatible with almost all generations of the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running firmware versions all the way back to iOS 3.
- iPhone 4S: iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5.0
- iPhone 4: iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6, iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.6, 4.2.1, 4.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3
- iPhone 3GS: iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6, iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.6, 4.2.1, 4.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3
- iPhone 3G: 4.2.1, 4.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3
- iPad 3: iOS 5.1.1
- iPad 2: iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.0.1
- iPad 1: iOS 6, iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.1, 3.2.2
How to Jailbreak iPhone with RedSn0w?
The process of jailbreaking your phone with Redsn0w is quite simple. Ensure the device you are trying to Jailbreak is compatible and back up your iPhone before jailbreaking. Connecting your device to your computer through the USB cable and then simply clicking the Jailbreak button. RedSn0w provides on-screen instructions that will help you the whole way through.
What if iPhone Gets Stuck During/After Jailbreaking with RedSn0w?
If the worst happens, iPhone unfortunately gets stuck on Recovery Mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, blue/black screen etc. due to jailbreaking with Redsn0w, our suggested solution is Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), which will allow you to put your phone in and out of recovery mode to fix various iOS stuck issues during jailbreak.
- Launch the Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) app and plug in your iPhone to your computer using a compatible cable.
- When the app opens, click on Enter Recovery Mode to reboot your iPhone into recovery mode. Once your iPhone enters the recovery mode, click on Exit Recovery Mode in the app to reboot your iPhone normally.
Moreover, if you upgrade to Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) Pro for a small fee you can do all of the previous operations plus download and fix various Redsn0W jailbreak problems without losing any of your data or using iTunes.
That's all for how to free download Redsn0w to jailbreak your iPhone 7 Plus/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5 successfully.