What is Cydia Impactor?
Cydia Impactor is also known as Cydia Eraser that will allows users to delete or remove the jailbreak from your iOS device. Cydia Impactor is a well recognized jailbreak tool but anyone seems for it now will not find what they are looking for. Saurik has renamed Cydia Impactor to Cydia Eraser though the tool itself at rest works the same method.
Cydia Impactor is a tool that allows you to sideload third-party apps on your smart phone. By means of Cydia Impactor, you can install IPA files on iOS and APK files on Android running devices. This precious application is also developed by the Jay Freeman (Saurik) the developer of Cydia. Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool for working with mobile devices.
Why do we use Cydia Impactor?
If you are a veteran at jailbreaking, then you will remember a useful tool named Cydia Impactor. It used to be the tool to use if you wanted to remove a jailbreak without affecting the iOS version you were running on your iOS device, thus allowing you to rejailbreak if you wanted to. That tool has now been renamed as Cydia Eraser and the unique Cydia Impactor now does something completely different.
How to Download Cydia Impactor?
- Step 1: Download Cydia Impactor for iOS.
- Step 2: Download the .ipa file that you are trying to install.
- Step 3: Open Cydia Impactor on your computer.
- Step 4: Locate the .ipa file you downloaded and drag it to the open Cydia Impactor Window; drop it in [e.g. Yalu].
- Step 5: Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and wait for Cydia Impactor to detect it.
- Step 6: Now you will see an Apple warning window; just click OK.
- Step 7: Type in your valid Apple ID and password, click OK. This is necessary for Cydia Impactor to work and, if you don’t wish for to make use of your real account, set up a dummy account before you start.
- Step 8: Cydia Impactor will now begin to prepare the .ipa file for digital signing and installation to your device. So long as all goes smoothly, the app will be installed onto your device.
- Step 9: Do not open the app at this stage. First, go to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management.
- Step 10: Find the certificate for the app you just installed and tap the Trust button
- Step 11: Exit Settings and you can now begin to use the app
Tenorshare ReiBoot is an alternative solution to restore iPhone/iPad from jailbreak and allows user to delete or remove the jailbreak from your iOS device without data loss. The difference is that ReiBoot will update iOS to latest version after jailbreak removal. In addition, ReiBoot is also a system recovery tool which aims to fix many iOS system stuck and errors such as freezing, being stuck in recovery mode, apple logo,DFU mode and so on.