Too Many Duplicates in iTunes Library?
"I have multiple duplicated songs in the iTunes 11 on my computer. How can I delete the duplicates in the iTunes music library?"
Your iTunes library is totally a mess with duplicate music? Removing the copies manually one by one is laborious? You may get too much stress with the duplicated MP3/M4A songs, which devour a lot of the valuable hard drive space, clutter up your iTunes library, and destroy your listening experience. Relax, though, you can easily delete iTunes duplicate songs all at once without effort. In the next parts, we will describe why you would have duplicate tracks and how to remove iTunes duplicate songs in details.
Besides the duplicated songs in your iTunes library, you may also have unnamed albums, missing or mislabeled music. Learn how to clean up iTunes library with ease.
Why Do You Get Duplicates in iTunes Music Library?
There are a couple of different ways of creating duplicates in iTunes, but generally it comes down to the operation reimporting songs that has already been added to the library:
- Repeatedly importing the same set of folders that are outside the iTunes Media folder with the option "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" enable is one common way of creating duplicates.
- iTunes is trying to organize your music files, which makes three copies to organize itself better.
- Upon a time, your iTunes music library will mess up with many copies of songs after you sync with different iOS devices, like iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
How to Delete or Remove Duplicate Songs/Tracks in iTunes (including iTunes 12) on Windows?
It is extremely laborious to manually remove duplicate music (MP3/M4A) in iTunes one by one. To fast delete duplicate music all at once, you can try Any Music Cleanup. This iTunes duplicate remover is very professional to help iTunes delete duplicates in the music formats including MP3 (*.mp3), M4A (*. M4a), WAV, AAC, OGG, APE, FLAC, etc.
With excellent cleanup capacity, Music Cleanup can also remove duplicates in iTunes library for your iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4, iPad Air/mini 2/4/3, iPod touch 5/4 and more other iOS devices. It supports iTunes 10, and the latest iTunes 11 (iTunes 11.1, 11.1.1, and etc).
Free Download and install Music Cleanup on your Windows 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista to clean iTunes duplicates.
Here is the guide on how to delete duplicates in iTunes for Windows all at once.
- 1. Lunch Music Cleanup on your PC and Click "Start Scan" to allow this software to scan the whole iTunes library to identify and find duplicates to erase.
- 2. After scan, Music Cleanup will list the scan result, showing you how many undefined songs and how many song duplicates. Select "Duplicates" on the left of the interface and you will see all duplicated songs and the number of the copies in the file tray. Click "Clear Duplicate" to remove the songs to trash.
After Music Cleanup weeds out duplicate tracks, the fixed music will be embedded to the MP3/M4A file itself. This program will automatically sync the fixed songs to iTunes and you can sync the songs to your iPhone, iPad or iPod to clean up the music in them.