Wonder about the ways to add files to iTunes without copying? Cannot add songs or your personal videos to iTunes 11? Well cheer up then, because here you can gain the simple and quick methods to add files to iTunes (including iTunes 11.3, 11.2, 11.1).
How to Add Your Songs, Videos, and Other Files to iTunes Library
iTunes library is an index from which you can add all music, videos and other contents to iTunes. More importantly, you can either add files from your computer directly to your iTunes library, or add music or videos to iTunes from external hard drive or CDs.
Part 1. Add Files to iTunes Library from Your Computer
If you want to add files from computer to iTunes, say photos, contacts, the video files or digital audio (including songs or voice memos), or other data, you can add all of them to iTunes by following the steps below:
- 1. Run iTunes on your computer.
Note:Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes: for Windows, choose Help > Check for Updates; for Mac, choose iTunes > Check for Updates.
- 2. Click File menu and add data to iTunes.
For Windows: choose Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library.
For Mac: choose Add to Library
- 3. Navigate to and choose the file or the folder on your computer that you want to add to iTunes.
You can add music on your computer to iTunes that are in AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless, or Audible.com (.aa) format. If you add unprotected WMA files to iTunes library on Windows OS, iTunes can convert these files to one of these formats.
Important Info: You can also add videos to iTunes from external hard drive referring to the above steps. Just insert the external hard drive which contains your data to your computer and start from step 1.
Just like the steps above on how to add files from PC to iTunes, adding music to iTunes library from CDs or DVDs is quite simple too.
- 1. Open iTunes and insert the CD/DVD into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
- 2. A dialog will appear to ask whether you want to import the CD. If you want to add all songs into iTunes library click "Yes"; if you don't want to add all the songs, click "No" and verify that all the wanted ones are ticked.
- 3. Then click the "Import CD" button and wait for the importing process finishes.
Follow the steps introduced in each part and you would be never confused by such questions like "how to add files from PC to iTunes". To be added, if you have encrypted your iTunes backup file but forgot the password, you can try iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock the password and get access to your iTunes backup files. If you have any problem, let us know by leaving it in your comment.