"Is there a way to copy the contents of an iPod Touch to a computer, hard drive or any other storage devices? I want to backup iPod touch music, photos, notes and other important files offline, so that I will not lose these files even my iPod touch is lost or stolen. If someone could help me figure something out that would be awesome."
Have you ever been bothered by the same problem of "want to backup iPod photo and music"? It's necessary to back up iPod Touch before iOS 8.1/8/7.1/7 update, jailbreak, or factory reset. Well, you will be introduced how to backup iPod in two different ways. In section 1 you will learn how to backup iPod touch to computer or other storage devices with iTunes backup files that you previously have in your computer. Section 2 tells you how to copy iPod touch files to computer even without backup files.
- Section 1. How to Backup iPod Touch from iTunes Backup File
- Section 2. How to Directly Copy iPod Touch Files to Computer
The tool that helps us to backup iPod touch is iTunes Data Recovery, a popular program that enables all iDevice users to backup photos, contacts, SMS, and other files without iTunes. In order to backup iPod Touch from iTunes backup files, you must make sure that you have backed up or synched iPod Touch with iTunes before. You could follow the steps below to do the iPod Touch backup.
- 1. Run iTunes Data Recovery on your computer. In the main interface you will see your iPod listed here. The backup files will automatically be found by the program once you have it synced with iTunes or backup iPod on your computer. Select your iPod Touch on the list, then click "Start Scan" to begin scanning. The scanning is a must if you want to backup iPod Touch photos, contacts, notes, music and more.
- 2. As scanning finishes, you will find all the files stored on your iPod Touch displayed on a list. Select the files you need to backup and then click "Recover" to backup iPod Touch without iTunes.
- 3. At last click "Recover" and then select a path to save the backup files. If you want save the files on other devices, just copy the backup files you just get to another storage device. You could use this method `to backup your iPod Touch 5G, 4G and earlier generations of iPod Touch.
Just now we talked about how to backup iPod Touch on Windows operating system, what if I am running Mac? iTunes Data Recovery for Mac could help you backup iPod Touch on Mac easily.
Actually you do not necessarily need iTunes backup files in order to backup iPod Touch. If you have your iPod touch at hand you can directly copy iPod Touch files to computerwith iPod Data Recovery, an user-friendly tool that enables users to recover contacts, photos, messages, call history, etc. from iPhone, iPad and iPod without iTunes backup files. Here are the steps for reference.
- Step 1. Connect iPod Touch to computer and launch the program.
- Step 2. Scan and check the files you want to backup.
- Step 3. Click "Recover" to backup iPod Touch notes, contacts, songs and other files to computer.
Whenever you want to backup iPod Touch you could feel free to use any of the two methods based on your own situation. Should you find this article useful, share with your friends how to backup iPod Touch!