Is It Possiable to Recover Lost Data after You Restore iPhone to Original Factory Settings?
What would you do when you got a brand new iPhone and want to sell your old iPhone? Yes, you need to reset iPhone to factory settings. This is also an ideal way to make your iPhone free from all the old software, settings, etc. If you want to repair any damages you've done to the phone by downloading unauthorized software, factory reset is your best bet.
After you have restored to iPhone factory setting, it will reboot as if it was brand new and go through the standard new setup procedure that all new iOS devices go through, and can then either be set up as new or restored from a backup.
However, factory reset process will remove all data and settings on the device, meaning you will lose everything on iPhone: pictures, music, notes, etc. So, the questions are; can I still acess photos on iPhone after factory reset? What should we do to recover iPhone files after restore? Is there best tool to recover data from reset iPhone? How to retrieve phone information after reseting the phone? How to regain contacts after restoring? How to recover photos from reset iPhone? In this post, you will find out the solutions.
How to Recover iPhone Files after Factory Reset
With UltData(iPhone Data Recovery), the best iPhone data reset recovery software, you can easily recover iPhone data after restore, and it supports all iPhone models, including iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4. Download and install UltData on your Windows computer (Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista). Below are the detailed steps showing how to recover iPhone contacts after restore. There are totally 3 ways, and all work for iOS 10.3/10.2/10.1/10, iOS 9.3/9, iOS 8.x, iOS 7 devices.
Way 1: UltData allows us to recover files directly from iPhone by using the recovery mode called Recover Data from iOS Device.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to PC and launch UltData. The "Recover Data from iOS Device" is the default mode. You should start scan your iPhone.
- Step 2: After scanning all found data will be listed in categories. You could preview, select photos, contacts, SMS or other files. Besides, how to recover iPhone photos after reset requires the same steps as that for contacts.
Way 2: UltData also offers the way to recover deleted iPhone files after factory restore on condition that you have an iPhone backup (iTunes backup) on your computer. Here's how.
- 1. Set recovery mode to "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" on UltData.
- 2. Choose the iTunes backup file you need.
- 3. Scan iTunes backup for lost photos, contacts, notes and more.
- 4. Preview and recover iPhone data after a clean restore (factory restore).
Way 3: Another method to get back all lost iPhone files after factory settings restore, is to restore from iCloud backup. If you have an iCloud backup for your iPhone, sign into iCloud account and find back all iPhone contents there. This won't delete anything on your iPhone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
To perform a factory reset on your iPhone without plugging it in, follow these steps. It should be noted, however, that this will erase absolutely everything on the phone, so you might want to consider backing your device up in iTunes first.
- Step 1: Fire up your iPhone and hunt down the "Settings" icon. Tap it.
- Step 2: Scroll and find the tab labeled "General" and click it.
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of this menu and tap "Reset".
- Step 4: Tap "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Step 5: Click the red "Erase iPhone" button.
If the restore cause you data loss, just use the steps above to recover lost iPhone contacts, photos, messages and more. For those running Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6 and below, UltData for Mac is a perfect choice to recover iPhone data after restore on Mac.