You Need to Remove iPhone, iPad or iPod iCloud Bakcup Files Regularly
It's important to delete iCloud backup files regularly. You've got only 5 GB of free iCloud storage, and once you are running out of iCloud storage with the same Apple ID, you have to free up iCloud storage by cleaning up old and useless iCloud data. (or you can pay money to upgrade more storage, but it's not a wise choice.)
Moreover, iCloud backup data is never safe because iCloud can be easily hacked and leaked out private photos and other data. Shocked with the nude celebrity photos leak issue? You can learn more about iCloud data safe. Therefore, it's the best option for you to delete iCloud backup files either for regaining more storage or for iCloud backup data security.
In this article, you will learn 3 best methods to delete your iOS 10/9.3/9.2/9/8.1/8/7 iPhone, iPad or iPod backup files in iCloud.
How to Delete iCloud Backup Files on PC, Mac, or iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
It's easy to delete iCloud backups from computer, from iCloud.com, or from iOS devices. The 3 workable ways can completely erase any iCloud backup file for all iOS devices, including:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2.
- iPod touch 5g, iPod touch 4g.
Top 1. Delete iCloud Backup Files on PC (for Windows 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista)
- Step 1. On your PC, choose Start menu > All Programs > select iCloud Folder > launch iCloud by clicking the iCloud icon > click Manage on the iCloud Control Panel.
- Step 2. In the pop-up window, click Backups on the left of iCloud Storage Interface > Select the backups you don't need on the right > Click Delete > Confirm.
Top 2. Remove iCloud Backups on Mac OS X (for Mac OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)
If you still insist to downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6, like iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S, you can try the below method.
- Step 1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > click System Preference > click iCloud > click Manage at the bottom of iCloud Interface.
- Step 2. Click Backups on the left > select the backups you want to delete on the right > click Delete > Confirm.
Top 3. Remove iCloud Backup Files on iOS 8.1/8/7 iPhone, iPad, iPod
- On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage, then tap Manage Storage.
- On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Manage Storage.
Important Notes for Deleting iPhone, iPad, iPod Backups in iCloud
- 1. If you delete the iCloud backup for your iOS device, iCloud stops automatically backing up the device. However, you can still backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod instead of using iCloud.
- 2. You can turn on the iCloud backup again on your device if you want to. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Turn on Backup.