It usually happens like this: we didn't realize we reached iPhone, iPad data limit until we pay extra money for it. Check your iPhone, iPad, iPod data usage regularly can help you find yourself pushing your data plan's limit. In this article, we introduce how to check maximum data usage on iPhone, iPad, iPod for Verizon, AT&T, Sprite, etc., making you better control your usage and change data usage plans.
- Part 1: How to Track Verizon/AT&T/Sprite/T-Mobile iPhone, iPad, iPod Data Usage
- Part 2: Cellular Data is Reaching the Limit? How to Prevent Data Overages
- Part 3: Still Going over Data Limit? How to deal with
iOS has a built-in feature allowing you to monitor data usage on all iPhone, iPad, iPod models running ios 10/9.3/9.2/9/8.1/8/7.1/7:
|iPhone||iPhone SE/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4|
|iPad||iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini3/2, iPad mini, iPad 4/3/2|
|iPod||iPod touch 5G/4G/3G|
The following is how:
- Step 1: Open Settings. On the Home screen, open Settings on your iPhone, or cellular capable iPad, iPod.
- Step 2: Tap Cellular. Find Cellular under Settings.
- Step 3: Find "Cellular Data Usage". Under the Cellular Data Usage section, you'll see how much data you've used since last time the statistics were cleared.
- Step 4: Reset Statistics. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset Statistics to help you get an accurate readings next time.
From "Cellular Data Usage", we got to know how much data we've used. In order to prevent data overages, we need to be clear about our monthly iPhone, iPad, iPod data limit.
For different telecommunications corporations, we use different methods:
|Verizon||Dial #DATA and press send|
|AT&T||Dial *DATA# and press send|
|T-Mobile||Dial #WEB and press send|
|Sprite||Dial *4 and press send|
|Rogers||Dial *4 and press send|
|TELUS||Visit the TELUS website and log into your account on your iPhone's web browser|
|Vodafone (AU)||Send a blank text to 1512|
|Vodafone (UK)||Download the My Vodafone app from iTunes store. You will check data usage through it|
It's not the end to just check data usage on iPhone, iPad, or iPod. What we really want is to avoid data overage. The easiest way is to prevent those data hungry apps from eating your cellular data. These apps can be connected to network only when Wi-Fi connection is available. The following is how:
- 1. Open Settings, and tap on Cellular.
- 2. Under Use Cellular Data For section, turn Off apps that you don't want to have access to cellular data.
If you still have data overage issue, don't rush to bump up your data allowance. It may have something with your iDevice storage space. Too many junk files in iPhone, iPad, iPod may also eat up your cellular data. It is necessary to permanently delete junk files and clean up your iDevice. By the way, you can also health check your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and make sure they can operate smoothly and run much faster.
Have some idea about how to monitor data usage on iPhone, iPad, iPod? Share your comments below!