Are you afraid of losing thousands of important contacts on your iPhone and could not keep in touch with your friends, co-workers? It is extremely necessary to export iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF file as an offline backup on computer, since contacts loss can easily happen due to accidental deletion, iOS 8.2/87.1/7update, jailbreak, factory settings restore, firmware corruption, etc.
Benefits You Will Get after Exporting iPhone Contacts to vCard/VCF Format
After you convert iPhone 6/6Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4 contacts to vCard/VCF format on computer, there are a lot of benefits, including:
- 1. Keep a backup copy of your iPhone contact list to avoid all the contacts loss afterwards.
- 2. You can easily edit and manage all the contacts since they are accessible in the format of vCard/VCF.
- 3. Convert the unreadable and inaccessible contacts from iTunes backup into readable file. This is very important and necessary, especially when your iPhone is damaged, broken, crashed, lost, or stolen.
How to Export iPhone Contacts to vCard/VCF File
Exporting iPhone contacts into a vCard file (.vcf) is very easy but needs your attention. If you just drag the contacts out of the Address Book windows to the desktop of your computer (PC/Mac), the contacts may turn into messy code. To safely export all iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF format, you need iPhone Data Recovery, which is the most professional data exporting software for iPhone models. It can help you directly export iPhone contacts in vCard (.vcf) format to computer running Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, and extract, convert all contacts from iTunes backup file to readable and accessible file.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6, go to iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to export iPhone contact list to vCard/VCF on Mac. Here is how to export and save iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF file on PC by using iPhone Data Recovery.
You can directly export contacts from iPhone in vCard/VCF format to save on computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer and run iPhone Data Recovery. If you find "Recover Data from iOS Device" is selected by default, click "Start Scan".
- In the scanning result, select "Contacts" to preview and check. Then choose all of the contacts (or just the wanted ones) and click "Recover" button.
- In the pop-up window, select a save path, choose the "vcf file (*.vcf)" type and click "Save" to backup iPhone contacts to VCF.
If you have iTunes backup file for your iPhone contacts, you can also rely on iPhone Data Recovery to export the inaccessible contacts from iTunes backup into vCard file.
- Run iPhone Data Recovery and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". Then this software will automatically find and list all your backup files. Select the exact backup file for your iPhone contacts and click "Start Scan".
- Then choose your contacts and click "Recover". In the pop-up window, select the "vcf file (*.vcf )" type to save the iPhone contacts.
You can also export or transfer important iPhone contacts from iCloud backup. Select "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" and sign into your iCloud account. Then download the iCloud backup and export contacts there. Your personal information won't leak out.
Using iPhone Data Recovery to export iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF file is time-saving and easy to follow. Choose one of the 3 ways according to your need. Don't forget to share with your friends or co-workers if you like it.