When your iPhone is stuck and not recognized in iTunes, you need to put it into recovery mode to restore it and get it working again. Sometimes you just need to get your iPhone/iPad into recovery mode for jailbreak purposes. In other times, you are wondering how to get an iPhone out of recovery mode loop. In this article you'll get all details on how to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Part 1: What's iPhone Recovery Mode
- Part 2: How to Put iPhone In Recovery Mode
- Part 3: How to Get iPhone Out Of Recovery Mode
- Part 4: How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
Part 1: What's iPhone Recovery Mode
Putting your iPhone in recovery mode will allow you to restore your device while at the same time getting rid of any issues that might be affecting it. You'll also need to use iPhone recovery mode in situations below:
- You've installed an iOS update and your device gets stuck in a continuous restart loop. This can happen when something goes wrong with the update/downgrade, or when you have extremely low battery life while installing the update.
- You try to update the OS or restore the device from backup, the process didn't complete, and now iTunes doesn't register the device when you connect it to your computer.
- The silver Apple logo has been onscreen, with no change, for many minutes.
Part 2: How to Put iPhone In Recovery Mode
You can either get your iPhone/iPad into recovery mode manually or by using – Free iPhone Recovery Mode Tool.
Method 1. How to Enter Recovery Mode By Hand
The steps to put different iPhone models in recovery mode are different.
1. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes.
2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
3. While your device is connected, follow these steps:
- iPhone 11/X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus: Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Volume Down button. Keep holding the Volume Down button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
When the phone is in recovery mode, a window will pop up in iTunes saying that the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. You can either restore it to its factory state or from a recent backup of your data.
Method 2. 1-Click to Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
Manually getting your iPhone into recovery mode seems somewhat complicated for beginners. Free iPhone Recovery Mode Tool is the best tool to enter recovery mode by one click. It works for all iOS 13/12/11 including iPhone 11/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus or earlier, iPad and iPod touch.
Run Any iOS System Repair on PC/Mac and connect your device to computer with USB cable. Click Enter Recovery Mode option, and wait for 10 seconds around. Done! Your device is now in recovery mode. Super easy and fast.
Part 3: How to Get iPhone Out Of Recovery Mode
You can exit recovery mode on iPhone before deleting your data and restoring your phone. To do so, unplug the device from the USB cable. And you can exit recovery mode by doing the steps below if your device was working properly previously.
- Press and hold the Power/Sleep button and Home button for about 15 seconds. Then the iPhone will shut off.
- Let go Home button and hold power button to boot up iPhone. This will get iPhone out of recovery mode.
Note: If you are using iPhone 7/7 Plus, press Volume Down button instead of Home button. If you are using iPhone 8 or later, quick press Volume Up button and then Volume Down button, then keep hold Power button until your iPhone restarts.
Another quick way to exit recovery mode is using the free iPhone recovery mode tool Any iOS System Repair. When your iPhone stuck in recovery mode, just connect it to computer and run this program. The "Exit Recovery Mode" option is highlighted. Click this button and wait for a few seconds. Your device is now ticked out of recovery mode stuck.
Part 4: How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
The above two parts are the general knowledge of what recovery mode is, how to enter and exit recovery mode. While, in our daily life, oftentimes, iPhone stuck in recovery mode (connect to iTunes screen) after update or downgrade. The common steps to exit recovery mode may not help. You can repair iOS system to get iPhont out of recovery mode.
Run iOS System Repair, and choose Repair Operating System function from the main menu, you'll enter the procedure to repair iOS system.
Click Download to get the latest firmware package. Your iPhone iOS will up to date after system recovery.
When the firmwware is downloaded, just click Repair Now button to start repairing system. The whole process takes a few minutes.
When the process is done, your iPhone is get out of recovery mode loop successfully. All data are kept intact.
Video Guide: How to Fix iPhone Stuck without Data Loss
iPhone recovery mode is one of the most common situations that can happen on iOS devivces. It is important to know how to enter and exit recovery mode in regular ways, as well as how to fix when iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Other than using the complicated steps by pressing the buttons, the free iPhone recovery mode software make entering & exiting recovery mode much easier. What is more, this tool can fix more complicated iOS systems like Apple logo, black screen, spinning wheel, etc. without data loss.