"Lost My Contact List on iPhone after iOS 8 Upgrade"
You may find contact loss after updating iPhone to the new iOS 8 or iOS 8.1/8.2. In fact, each time when you update to a new iOS version (including the iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2), you run risks, such as the precious contacts are missing after iOS 8 update, or contacts don't work in iOS 8.1. Data rescue is allimportant and as easy as pie. You can try the 3 ways below to quickly restore iPhone contacts after iOS 8 update.
How to Restore Contacts from iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S after iOS 8/8.1/8.2 Update - 3 Best Methods
That the iOS 8 update deleted iPhone contacts will never bother you a lot. With iPhone Data Recovery (based on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista), you can easily recover the deleted or lost contacts from iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, and iPhone 4S; or if you have a Mac on OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6, you can get the Mac version iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Here are the 3 options this excellent iPhone contact recovery software offers:
- 1. Recover contacts from iPhone without backup after iOS 8/8.1/8.2 upgrade You won't need any backup files, such as iTunes backup or iCloud backup. All lost iPhone contacts after iOS 8 update will be found back immediately.
- 2. Restore iPhone contacts from iTunes backup after iOS 8/8.1/8.2 update If you have backup of contacts for iOS 8 upgrade, such as iTunes backup files, you can try this option. It won't delete anything on your iPhone.
- 3. Retrieve iPhone contacts via iCloud backup after updating to iOS 8/8.1/8.2 If you have iCloud backup files, try this method to recover iPhone contacts from iCloud after iOS 8 installation. No account information will be leaked out and no data loss on your device.
Download and install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. Then follow the wizards below for iPhone contacts recovery after updating to iOS 8.
- Connect iPhone to computer and make iPhone Data Recovery to scan it.
- Preview and recover contacts from iPhone.
- Select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" on iPhone Data Recovery. Choose your backup file to scan.
- Select the wanted contacts or all the contacts to recover.
- On iPhone Data Recovery, switch to "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" and log into your iCloud account.
- Select iCloud backup file and click on "Next" to download the backup file to recover iPhone contacts.
How to Prevent Contacts Loss from Your iPhone Forever before Updating to iOS 8?
Although it is easy to recover contacts from iPhone after iOS 8 update with iPhone Data Recovery, you'd better backup your iPhone data before installing this new update. This will help to prevent data loss forever, especially when you put more new data to overwrite the space and make the lost contacts unrecoverable.