I'm trying to backup my iPhone 6 on my PC using iTunes but it's been stuck on "Preparing to copy items" for over an hour now. Any device on how to proceed? My iPhone 6 runs on iOS 9.3.2 .
This is the post that I recently noticed in Apple forum and considering other iPhone users may encounter the same problem, I'd like to offer you 2 options to fix iPhone 7/SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4S stuck on "Preparing to copy items" in the following passages.
- Option 1: Temporary cures to fix iPhone sync with iTunes stuck on "waiting for items to copy"
- Option 2: Ultimate way to backup iPhone 6 with iTunes alternative
There're millions of temporary cures online to solve the problem that iPhone stuck on backup, such as logging out and relogging in iTunes, resetting your iPhone and reinstalling your PC. Below are the 4 reliable ways as far as I'm concerned.
- ① In most cases, iTunes stuck on backing up iPhone are caused by a locked iPhone as iTune can't work if your passcode is locked. So unlock your iPhone and make sure it doesn't lock again before finishing the backup.
- ② Check if you've installed the latest version of iTunes. If not, restart your iTunes and update it to the latest backup and then continue to backup your iPhone.
- ③ Sometimes a damaged source file in iTunes would also cause iTunes crash and stuck on preparing to copy items. So you can try to reinstall iTunes and see if it works.
- ④ If none of the above works, please contact Apple Support without any delay. I bet Apple team would help you out without any doubt.
Alternatively, you can turn to a trustworthy iPhone Data Recovery which helps you to backup contacts, photos, messages, notes and more directly from iPhone without iTunes and guarantees that no unexpected problems would occur. So download this amazing iTunes alternative to PC first and then take a look at the following step-by-step tutorial to learn how it works.
- Step 1: Run the program, then connect your iPhone to PC and tap "Trust" on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click "Start Scan" on the program and it will display all contacts, photos, messages, notes, call histories and more from your iPhone on its primary interface (including those deleted or lost ones).
- Step 3: Select those files you want to backup and click "Recover".
After a while, all your selected iPhone files will be backed up to local PC. And note that iTunes alternative not only enables you to backup iPhone without iTunes but also allows you to backup iPhone in DFU mode and backup iPhone in recovery mode.