"I forgot my iPhone passcode! Now I was locked out of my iPhone 5S and couldn't access to the important meeting notes on it! Do you know how to get into iPhone if forgot iPhone passcode?"
Few things are more frustrating than a forgotten iPhone passcode! You'll see a message that says your iPhone is disabled if you enter the wrong passcode six times in a row. Then what to do when you forgot your iPhone lock screen passcode? Here I collect the best 4 solutions to unlock a locked iPhone, which the solution 4 is mostly recommended as it does not require using iTunes and ensures 100% removing the passcode.
- Solution 1: Use iTunes to reset iPhone passcode
- Solution 2: Log onto iCloud to erase iPhone passcode
- Solution 3: Enter recovery mode to wipe iPhone passcode
- Solution 4: Bypass iPhone passcode without using iTunes restore (Recommended)
If you've synced your iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS before in iTunes, you can refer to the tutorial below that ensures to reset the password without any data loss. If haven't, you'd better skip to Solution 3 or Solution 4 directly.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to the computer that you synced before.
- Step 2: Open iTunes, it will automatically sync your iPhone and create a backup.
Note: If the automatic sync and backup doesn't occur, right-click on your device name on iTunes and select "Sync".
- Step 3: When the sync completes, click "Restore iPhone".
- Step 4: When the Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup" and select your most recent backup in iTunes.
Once your iPhone loads the backup, you'll be able to access it again.
If you've enabled Find My iPhone through iCloud, you can take a look at the following steps to erase passcode.
- Step 1: Login to https://www.icloud.com/#find and sign in with your iCloud account
- Step 2: Click "Erase iPhone" to erase your iPhone as well as its passcode.
- Step 3: After that, you can use the Setup Assistant on iPhone to restore the most recent backup.
If you've neither synced your iPhone with iTunes nor set up Find My iPhone, there's nothing you can do but to put your iPhone in recovery mode to make iTunes detect it and thus you can restore your device in iTunes. Note that such operation would wipe all data and settings on your iPhone (passcode included).
You can put your iPhone into recovery mode by hand. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Hold down the Power button and swipe" slide to power off" to turn off your iPhone.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Home button. Then connect iPhone to PC via a cable and keep holding the Home button till you see the sign Connect to iTunes screen just as the picture below.
Seems complicated? Yes, it is a bit complicated if you are new to Apple and iOS. To save time and efforts, you can use a freeware Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) to get the iPhone into recovery mode by one click.
Open Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) on your computer and connect your locked iPhone to computer with USB cable. Click "Enter Recovery Mode" option. That is it, one click and wait for 10 seconds, your iPhone is in recovery mode now!
Once your iPhone in recovery, iTunes would open automatically and notify that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Follow iTunes suggestion to restore your iPhone and remove the passcode.
Different from above 3 solutions, this solution empowers you to get into locked iPhone without using iTunes by taking advantage of Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) to restore operating system. Now see how it works below.
- Step 1: Download and install Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) to your computer.
- Step 2: Choose Fix All iOS Stuck in Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot).
- Step 3: The default regular system recovery will not remove the passcode. Please select Select Advanced Mode in Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), this way will wipe out all data and settings including the screen passcode. You should not worry about your data loss because this software will automatically create a backup of your data before system recovery.
- Step 4: Download the matching firmware and start repairing the operating system.
- Step 5: The iOS system recovery process takes around 10 minutes.
After these steps, your iPhone is set up as new and you can set up a new lock screen passcode or touch ID to unlock the screen.
These are the 4 solutions for unlocking an iPhone passcode, hope it helps. Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) is one of the must-have iOS reboot tool that we should own. It can fix iPhone stuck at white apple, recovery mode, DFU mode, boot loop, etc. during/after iOS 10 update without causing data loss. It is free and has been widely recommended.