After upgrading my old iPhone 5s to iOS 8.0.2, I noticed the "Reset All Settings" option said "No data or media will be deleted". So I reset all settings but only to find all my Pages and Numbers documents in iCloud lost! Any fix to recover lost iCloud Drive documents?
Actually, most iOS 8 users would be convinced by the saying "No data or media will be deleted" and felt assured to reset all settings without iTunes or iCloud backup. However, the "Reset All Settings" option in iOS 8 proves to be a serious bug that causes losing all iWork documents stored in iCloud Drive including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
With no iTunes or iCloud backup, there appears to be no simple way to recover iCloud Drive documents that have been erased by "Reset All Settings" and quite a number of affected iPhone users are in contact with Apple support to retrieve lost iCloud drive documents. But you know what? Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery, a specially-designed powerful and professional data recovery tool for iPhone users, enables you to directly recover any deleted or lost files from iPhone 6 Plus/6/5S/5/4S without any backup.
How to get back lost Images/PDFs/Spreadsheets from iCloud Drive after iOS 8 update
The data recovery tool for iPhone is extremely user-friendly that all you need is 4 steps only. Take a look at the following instructions to see how it works.
- Step 1: Get this amazing tool downloaded on your PC via the download button below and launch it after installation.
- Step 2: Connect iPhone to PC and tap "Trust" on the screen. Then click "Start Scan" on the program's primary interface.
Note: iPhone Data Recovery provides you with 3 recovery modes—recover data from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup files and recover from iCloud backup files. And it chooses "recover data from iOS device" mode by default.
- Step 3: After a while, the program will display both deleted and existing images, PDFs, Spreadsheets and other documents from iCloud Drive by category just as the picture shows.
- Step 4: Tick the boxes before the files you want to recover and then click "Recover" proceed.
Note: iPhone Data Recovery also supports printing pictures, PDF, Excel and other document files directly from iPhone.
After above operations, you can easily get lost iCloud Drive documents back to PC again.
Additional tips on iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive is so powerful that empowers you to access any spreadsheets, PDFs, images or other documents stored in iCloud from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and PC. Namely, with iCloud Drive you can -
- Store and access all of your documents in one place from any of your devices.
- Keep files and folders up to date across all your devices.
- Create new files and folders from iCloud-enabled apps.
- Work on the same file across multiple apps.
And to make full use of iCloud Drive, you must update all your devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) to iOS 10.3/9.3/9/8 and iWork apps (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) to the latest version. Then navigate to Settings >> iCloud >> iCloud Drive >> Upgrade to iCloud Drive on your iPhone/iPad/iPod, or go to Apple menu >> System Preference >> iCloud to sign in with Apple ID and select iCloud Drive on your Mac to enable iCloud Drive.