"Why do I keep losing contacts on my iPhone 5S?"
"Just with an inadvertent swipe, I lost all my iPhone photos!"
"I don't even know why my text messages are gone."
It's quite common for you to see such complaints on iPhone data loss in forum since accidental deletion, factory settings restore, iOS upgrade, jailbreak and even some unknown reasons can all result in this annoying situation. Therefore, to take preventive measures to avoid losing contacts, photos, messages, etc. from iPhone SE/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S again is essential.
But how do you prevent data loss from iPhone? Backup your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud? NOOOOO! Don't you think unreadable iTunes backup files inconvenient? Or don't you worry about iCloud data security? It's high time that you turned to iPhone Data Recovery, which provides you with 3 ways to backup iPhone data in an easier and safer way.
How to prevent losing contacts, photos, text messages, etc. on iPhone
iPhone Data Recovery offers you 3 ways to backup iPhone contacts, photos, messages, notes and more to local PC or any removable media like USB and hard disk. Download this amazing tool to PC first, and then follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
Way 1: Save iPhone Data from iTunes to PC
Though backup iPhone with iTunes to avoid losing data is simple, retrieve iPhone data from iTunes is never easy: You can't access the specific data in iTunes backup file unless you restore your iPhone. Fortunately, iPhone Data Recovery allows you to retrieve iPhone data from iTunes to PC in readable formats.
- Step 1: Run iPhone Data Recovery and click on iTunes icon on the main interface.
- Step 2: Select an iTunes backup file from the list and click "Start Scan".
Tips: If you can't find your desired iTunes backup file, click here for reference.
- Step 3: Preview the specific contacts, photos, messages, etc. as the picture shows and tick the boxes before those you want to retrieve to PC, and then click "Recover".
Way 2: Retrieve iPhone Data from iCloud backup to PC
After iCloud nude leaks, I bet most of you have the same feeling: keeping iPhone data in iCloud actually is putting them at risk. Thankfully, you can selectively retrieve iPhone data from iCloud backup to PC via the following 3 steps and then delete iCloud backup for good.
- Step 1: Click on iCloud icon on the primary interface of iPhone Data Recovery first. Then select an iCloud backup file and click "Next".
- Step 2: Tick the boxes before the file types that you want to retrieve to PC in the pop up window and click "Next" to download them to PC.
- Step 3: After downloading, iPhone Data Recovery will display the detailed contacts, photos, messages, etc. on the primary interface. Select those you want to retrieve to PC and click "Recover".
Way 3: Backup Data from iPhone
If you haven't synced your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud for a long time, you'd better choose this way to backup the latest iPhone data before losing them accidentally.
- Step 1: Run iPhone Data Recovery and connect your iPhone to PC.
- Step 2: Tap "Trust" on iPhone and click "Start Scan" on the primary interface of the program.
- Step 3: Select your desired data that you want to prevent from losing and click "Recover".
Note that whichever way you choose, photos and videos will be retrieved to PC in their original formats. As to text messages, call history and other text files, they will be retrieved as .txt, .xml or .xls. Furthermore, contacts will be recovered in VCF/vCard.
- ① Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
- ② Connect your iPhone to PC.
- ③ Choose File >> Devices >> Back up.