My iPhone 5S is running out of space storage again! But strangely, I find that a large amount of its space is occupied by "Other"! What does "Other" mean? Do you know how to get rid of Other data on iPhone 6s?
The "Other" data has driven most iPhone users' nut since it can pile up to a level where there isn't enough space for an app. Hence, I'd like to help you out by telling you what "Other" data is and how to delete Other data on iPhone in following 2 parts.
The Other data refers to everything that doesn't belong to iTunes' pre-existing categories (Apps, Music, Movies, TV shows, Podcasts, Books and Photos), which includes apps' downloaded data, Safari browser cache, Mail app's cache, pages for Safari's reading list, voice memos and more. And iTunes displays Other storage in yellow at the bottom as the picture below.
In short, Other storage means data that iTunes can't display or manage for you. Namely, iTunes won't help you remove "Other" data from iPhone to free up space.
Generally speaking, there're 2 ways for you to get rid of the Other space on iPhone 7/SE//6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5s/5/5C/4S: either wipe them away directly on iPhone or turn to trustworthy software. The detailed instructions are as follows.
① Wipe Other data directly on iPhone
To wipe away Other data directly on iPhone can never be a straight-forward thing as it contains various kinds of iPhone files, you need to follow the 7 tutorials below. If you want to delete Other data in a quick way, you'd better skip to ② make use of trustworthy software.
- 1. Navigate to Settings >> Safari and tap on "Clear History and Website Data" to delete internet browsing history and cookies.
- 2. Navigate to Settings >> Mail, Contact, Calendars, tap on the email account you want to delete and scroll down to tap "Delete Account". After that reset up your email account.
- 3. Head for Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase All Contents and Settings to wipe off all temporary files, cache, cookies and the like. Then connect your iPhone to iTunes and restore from backup. Make sure you've backed your iPhone up before resetting.
- 4. Open "Voice Memos" and choose the voice memo that you want to delete, then tap the red "Delete" button on the bottom right corner.
- 5. You can also delete Other data by uninstalling iPhone apps.
To save time, you can completely rely on iPhone cleaning tool that empowers you to remove all unnecessary app caches, apps cookies, temp files and more within 3 clicks. Furthermore, it works for iPhone 7/SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S and is fully compatible with iOS 10.3/9.3/9.2/9/8/7. Now take a look at the following guide to see how to remove Other data from iPhone without restoring.
- Step 1: Download the third-party tool to PC first and launch it afterwards. Click on "Speedup & Clean" on the main interface, then choose "Quick Clean" for a scan.
Note that Quick Clean can quickly scan different types of date including junk files, temporary files, photos, large files and apps.
- Step 2: Select the file types that you want to clean by click on the button to Clean to proceed.
- Step 3: Click the "OK" button on the pop-up window to finish the cleaning process.
Tips: You can click the at the launch interface to set the apps that you want to be scanned or ignored before the scanning process in Step 2.
That's it! With above 2 ways, you'll be able to handle those Other data with ease!