I just got a new iPhone 6 and intended to restore it from old backup. It got all the way through but the iPhone backup in iTunes failed with an error message saying that an "unknown error occurred (1013)". I tried every step it said to fix it but none worked.
As a matter of fact, aside from error 1013, there're still many other iPhone cannot restore error 1/9/11/14/17/21/1015/1604/2001/3014/3149/3194/4013 that prevents you from restoring iPhone from backup. To fix it, you need to find an alternative to iTunes or iCloud to restore iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S from previous backups.
How to fix iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4s unable to restore from iTunes/iCloud
Generally speaking, the fact that iPhone can't restore because an unknown error usually results from a server error, a corrupted backup, an incompatible firmware file or DFU mode. Thankfully, you can fix iPhone won't restore with a trustworthy third-party iPhone Data Recovery. It works better than iTunes and iCloud and enables you to selectively restore iPhone from backup. Download the iPhone helper via the download button below and see how it works in the following passages.
① Restore iPhone from iTunes backup
- Step 1: Launch iPhone Data Recovery and click on iTunes icon. Then it will scan all iTunes backup on your PC in the primary interface.
- Step 2: Select an old backup that you want to restore your iPhone and click "Start Scan".
- Step 3: In a while, the program will display all pictures, contacts, messages, call history, notes and other iPhone files stored in iTunes backup by category. Select your desired ones and click "Recover" to restore iPhone to previous backup.
If your old iTunes backups have been corrupted, you need to recover deleted iTunes backups first before following the 3 steps above.
② Restore iPhone from iCloud backup
- Step 1: Launch iPhone Data Recovery and click on iCloud icon. Then sign in with your Apple account.
- Step 2: Select an iCloud backup file that you want to restore your iPhone and tick specific iPhone file types in the pop up window. Then click "Next" to download them to PC.
- Step 3: Then the program will automatically display the detailed photos, notes, contacts, sms, etc. on the primary interface. Choose your desired iPhone files and click "Recover" to restore iPhone to old backup.
Now with above 2 ways, you can easily fix iPhone cannot be restored at this time. And FYI, if your iPhone can't be recognized by the program, it's your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode or DFU mode that causes iPhone cannot be restored. In that case, you need to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode or fix iPhone stuck in DFU mode first.