iCloud gives you a good amount of memory space so you can save all of your photos on the cloud for you to access them from any device at any time. However, as you take more photos from your iPhone since they all automatically get uploaded to the iCloud, you will eventually find that your iCloud storage is almost full. This is also due to the iPhone photos being a little bit large in size as they are of high-quality in most cases.
If you think your iCloud has been filled with lots of photos you don’t want, then you can have those photos deleted from the iCloud backup using your iPhone or your iPad. The procedure to do so does not require you to download or install an app on your device. The built-in options on your device are good enough to let you do that.
iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud. If you want to delete photos from iCloud, you can turn off iCloud Photo Library to free up space on your iCloud.
1. Make sure you are on the springboard of your iPhone or iPad. Then, tap on the Settings icon to open the settings menu for your device.
2. When the settings menu opens, head to iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
3. On the manage storage panel, turn off the Photo Library option and you should be good to go.
4. When that is done, head to iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library and tap on Disable and Delete. It will disable the photos from being synced to iCloud and delete the photos saved in there.
You can also delete photos from iCloud on your computer in a quick way, all your need to do is to login https://www.icloud.com with your Apple ID.
Click on Photos on icloud.com > Click Select Photos on the top right menu bar > Select the photos you want to delete from iCloud > Click Delete.
If you mistakenly delete some important photos from your iCloud backup, then you have a nice little app - UltData that helps you recover them directly on iPhone without backup.
1. Download and install the app on your computer. Launch it and click on the tab with a cloud icon. Then, enter in your iCloud username and password and log-in to your account to be able to select a backup for recovery.
2. On the following screen, check all that you wish to recover and then click on Start Scan to begin searching for the lost data and to recover it.
3. Wait for UltData to scan your device. You should then see all of the recovered files on your screen. Choose the ones you wish to recover and hit Recover and those files will be recovered from the backup.
So, that was how you could delete photos from iCloud to free up iCloud space and how to recover data from an iCloud backup if you delete some pictures mistakenly.comments powered by Disqus