All of a sudden, you may be surprised at the fact that it should take you up to 20 swipes to navigate from one screen to the last on your iPhone. In the final analysis, this annoying situation is caused by the excessive apps that unconsciously downloaded from App store day by day. Then it's high time you should delete apps on iPhone (iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4S included).
And here I collect top 4 methods on how to remove apps from iPhone for your reference. Read on and select one that suits you.
- 1. Uninstall iPhone apps from Home Screen
- 2. Clean iPhone apps from Settings
- 3. Delete apps on iPhone via iPhone Care Pro
- 4. Remove iPhone apps from iTunes library
Regardless of the worst result that losing ALL photos, contacts, notes, etc. from your stuck iPhone without iTunes or iCloud backup, just follow the traditional way of getting iPhone out of recovery mode first: Hold down the home and power button for about 15 seconds to shut the stuck iPhone off and press the power button to boot it.
Then take advantage of the most professional iPhone recovery software, which empowers you to recover all lost photos, contacts, notes, messages, etc. directly from iPhone (no iTunes/iCloud backup required). The detailed steps are laid out as below.
- Step 1: Tap the app icon that you want to delete and hold on for a few seconds till it starts wiggling.
- Step 2: Then there'll be a tiny "X" at its top left corner, press "X" and click "Delete" in the pop up window.
Note that this would delete both the App and all of its data. Therefore, if you'll need the app again, think twice before tapping "X" or turn to Method 3: Delete apps on iPhone via iPhone Care Pro to back the data up before uninstalling it.
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings >> General >> Usage, then you'll see all the apps installed on your iPhone as well as how much storage space they consume respectively.
- Step 2: Tap on the app you want to clear and you'll get a screen showing the app's full name, version and disk usage. Tab "Delete App" under the app icon and click "Delete App" again in the pop up window.
To perfect above 2 ways, you'd better take advantage of a third-party tool: iPhone Care Pro, which empowers you to view detailed information of iPhone apps at one time and back them up before deleting.
- Step 1: Download iPhone Care Pro to PC and launch it first. Then connect iPhone to PC.
- Step 2: Click on "File Manager" of the program's primary interface and hit "App" icon.
- Step 3: Then you'll get an interface as the picture below, which displays detailed information of ALL apps on your iPhone.
- Step 4: Check the box before the app you want to uninstall and click "Uninstall" button on the top or the trash bin icon on the right. Then click "OK" in the pop up window to proceed.
But if you have backup up iPhone with iTunes before, to permanently remove apps from iPhone, you must delete them in the iTunes library or they would return next time when you download an app from iTunes store or sync existing apps to iTunes library. The detailed steps are as follows.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and click "Library" in the top left corner of the main interface and select "Apps".
Tips: If you don't see "Apps", go to Edit >> Preferences and make sure that "Apps" is selected under "Sources".
- Step 2: Select the app you want to remove and click "Delete", then click "Move to Recycle Bin" in the pop up window to permanently remove it.
After trying above methods, you would definitely find your iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S runs much faster and more smoothly. And FYI, you can also check another 3 tips to improve iPhone performance.