"I am looking for alternative ways to backup and restore iPhone data safely without having to pay apple for iCloud storage or the inconvenience of connecting my iPhone to iTunes all the time."
iPhone users are familiar with iTunes and iCloud. We can either backup and restore our iPhone to iTunes on PC, backup and restore our iPhone to iCloud wirelessly. Both way are easily and useful. However, sometimes for some reasons, we may want to backup and restore an iPhone without using iCloud or iTunes. Is this possible and how to do this?
- Part 1: Disadvantage of Backing up and Restoring with iCloud or iTunes
- Part 2: How to Backup and Restore iPhone without Using iCloud or iTunes
Some people looking for alternative ways to backup and restore iPhone data safely without iCloud or iTunes may be due to:
- iTunes can't recognize their iPhone
- Worry about private data leaking from iCloud backup
- Don't want to pay extra money for iCloud storage space
- Can't selectively recover data from iTunes or iCloud backup files
- Restoring from iTunes or iCloud backup will overwrite the current data on your iPhone
- iPhone is broken, lost or stolen and can't restore data from iTunes or iCloud
A reliable iPhone assistant tool - iPhone Data Recovery can easily help you backup and restore iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4 without using iCloud or iTunes in 2 ways. Now let see the details. To get started, download and install this program on your PC.
Backup and Recover iPhone Directly
In this way, you can easily backup your iPhone data to PC as offline and readable backup, or recover data directly from iPhone without iTunes/iCloud backup.
- Run this program and connect your iPhone to that computer. Click "Start Scan" to scan files on your device.
- After scanning, all the files on iPhone are listed in categories. Preview all kinds of files by clicking each category before recovery.
- Select the ones you need to recover. Click "Recover" to start to backup or recover data on iPhone.
Restore iPhone from iTunes backup without Device Connection
If you have ever backed up with iTunes, this way will help you selectively restore your iPhone data without overwriting your current data. Moreover, you have no need to connect your device.
- Run this program and switch to "Recover Data from iTunes backup". Select your iPhone and click "Scan" button.
- In the left window, highlight one category and you can preview all your files. Check them and click "Recover" to save them on your PC.
Retrieve iPhone Data from iCloud Selectively
This method helps can extract and download data from iCloud backup to local computer. Thus, you can see is there any private data in iCloud backup and selectively recover them without overwriting your current data.
- Run this program and switch to "Recover Data from iCloud backup". Sign in iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- Select files you want to recover and click "Next" to start downloading your iCloud backup.
- Select the files you need to recover and click "Recover". You can preview before recovery.
To sum up, we have share 3 ways for you to backup and restore an iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud. Just move your fingers and download iPhone Data Recovery, the best iTunes and iCloud alternative backup and restore tool.