Recently I updated my iPhone 6 from iOS 8.4 to iOS 9, and since then my iPhone has a continuous popup saying "Sign in to iCloud". Even though I am signed in iCloud, this message keeps popping up every seconds/minutes, which is indeed annoying. Is there any solution to fix iPhone Stuck in Sign in to iCloud popup loop in iOS 10/9/8?
If you are running into the same annoying loop, the sign in to iCloud message keeps popping up. After some investigation, we found that the causes of this loop could be in two situations. The first possible situation occurs after you update your iPhone to iOS 9.3/9.2/9 or iOS 8.4/8/7, and the other situation would have something to do with Wi-Fi connection. Following are the solutions that you can try to stop and get rid of endless Sign in to iCloud popup loop.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck in "Sign in to iCloud" Popup Loop in iOS 9/8
Method 1: Hard Reset iPhone and Set Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi has been the cause of many problems in iOS. To fix it, please press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button simultaneously for ten seconds until you see the Apple logo. When your iPhone boots up it will take a few minutes initialize things before prompting you to enter the iCloud login window. You can go to Settings > Wi-Fi to set your WiFi network before that.
Method 2: Backup iPhone
Hard reset iPhone usually can stop iCloud from asking you repeatedly sign in on iPhone. However, if this still does not help, try the steps below.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad with your Mac/PC
- Launch iTunes on computer
- Select your device > Summary > Backups > Click Back Up now button. If iCloud sign in window pops up, ignore it.
- In the process of backup, the iCloud sign in message will not appear. You can use this time gap to join in a Wi-Fi network.
- When the backup is completed, eject your device and resign in to your iCloud account in Settings > iCloud. If you still receive the popup messages, just enter your iCloud account details and it should not appear again.
Method 3: Restore Your Device
If neither of the aforementioned methods helps, you may have to restore your iPhone as the last resort. The restore will wipe all data and settings in iPhone, and thus you can set up your iPhone start over. Following the onscreen instructions on iPhone to join a Wi-Fi network and sign in your iCloud account. This should stop and resolve the never-ending popup loop of Sign in to iCloud.
When iPhone keeps asking for Apple ID password after updating to iOS 9/8, we hope the three methods can help you get out of the endless loop.