An iTunes gift card can easily be redeemed on an iPhone as all you need to have is access to your iPhone, an active Internet connection, and your gift card and you are good to go.
With the new method of gift card redemption, you now just need to hold the gift card up to your iPhone’s camera and it will scan the code and redeem the card for you. In order for this to go smoothly, make sure you are inside a room where there is proper lighting or your camera won’t be able to read your card.
If you meet the above requirements, here’s how to redeem an iTunes gift card on your iPhone:
1. Launch the App Store app on your iPhone by tapping on its icon on your springboard. The app will launch.
2. When it launches, tap on the Featured option at the bottom where the option for redeeming a gift card is located.
3. Once you are on the featured screen, tap on the option that says Redeem. It’s for redeeming an iTunes gift card on your iPhone.
4. You will then be asked to sign-in to your account. Do so and move forward.
5. After signing in to your account, you will see a screen that looks like the following. On this screen, tap on the option that says Use Camera to use your iPhone’s camera to scan the gift card and to redeem it.
6. Take the label off of your gift card and hold it up to your iPhone’s camera and wait for your iPhone to scan it. Once it’s scanned, follow the on-screen instructions on your iPhone to complete the redemption process.
Your gift card should now be redeemed and you should see the credit in your account. If, for any reason, the process didn’t go through and your card couldn’t be redeemed, you will want to give it one more try. If it still doesn’t work, then there could be an issue with your iPhone. You can use an app like ReiBoot that helps users fix a number of iOS issues on their devices.comments powered by Disqus