Looking for info about iPhone Backup Viewer? Want to view and extract data in your iPhone backup files when your iPhone is lost or broken? Here you can learn the all-round info about iPhone Backup Viewer on Windows and Mac.
4 Must-Known Tips on iPhone Backup Viewer and Your iPhone Backup Files
Each time you back up or sync your iPhone with iTunes (like iTunes 12, iTunes 11.4), the data on iPhone will be generated as backup files in iTunes. To view iTunes backup, extract or recover these backed up files, you need to have an idea about the 4 must-known tips.
1. Where Are the iPhone Backup Files Located?
The idea to find the iTunes backup location may hit you when you want to view your iPhone backup files. You do find the backup files' location by navigating to the paths as follows:
On Mac OS X: ~/ Library / Application Support / MobileSync /Backup/Note:The "~" symbol represents home directory, where all of your other personal documents are stored.
On Windows 8.1/8: Users>USERNAME>AppData>Roaming>Apple Computer>MobileSync>BackupNote:By default, iTunes selects the above location to save backup in Windows 8.1/8. You may have to enable option "show hidden files and folders" under "Appearance and personalization".
- On Window 7/Vista: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
2. Why You Need iPhone Backup Viewer?
iPhone Backup Viewer is a good helper. It is a professional backup extractor for iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S. Which can help you extract, view, convert and save all the backed up data including contacts, messages, call history, photos, notes, Safari Bookmarks, calendars, etc. in the readable formats on your Windows 8.1/8/7/XP/Vista. The Mac version, supports Mac OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6 and more.
3. How to View iPhone Backup Files with iPhone Backup Viewer?
As the best iPhone backup browser & extractor, it helps you quickly extract iPhone backup in no time and allows you to extract all the backup files. Free download this software on your computer first and then follow the steps below to extract, view, or transfer your iPhone backup files onto computer. Here is the example on PC.
- Step 1. Run iPhone Backup Viewer (iTunes Data Recovery) on your PC. This program will automatically detect and list all your iTunes backup files. Select your iPhone backup file and click "Start Scan".
Note:Import your iPhone backup file manually if it is not listed on the software interface. For encrypted backup, enter the password and click "Decrypt", or use iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock the files first.
- Step 2. After scanning, you can select all the files to preview. This allows you to know what detailed files are backed up in iTunes. Select all or the ones you want to extract and save on computer, and then click "Recover" button to finish all the performance.
When you select a save path to save all the iPhone backup files on your computer, notice that all text contents can be saved in .txt, .xls, .xml formats, and media contents like photos, voice memos, etc. in their original formats. This ensures all the files are transferred onto computer in high quality for you to view or even edit.
To be added, the trial version of iPhone Backup Viewer, which you can take as the free iPhone backup extractor, also allows you to view all your iPhone backup files after it scans the backup. Have a go if you only want to have a view on what files are backed up from your iPhone.