When Need iPhone Backup Extractor
iTunes can back up your settings, Messages, Camera Roll, notes, call history, documents, saved games, and other data. However the backup is a kind of SQLITEDB file that you cannot view in your computer. You have to use iTunes Data Recovery to extract iPhone Backup data to your computer, or the backup means nothing to you, especially when you are in the situations below:
- You've lost your iPhone
- Your iPhone has gone into recovery mode and needs a reset
- You've lost some of the data from your iPhone after an iOS 8.1/8/7.1/7 upgrade or sync
- You want to see what's in your iPhone backup
- You want to recover data from your encrypted iTunes backup…
Actually, it is easy to use iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows and extract iPhone pictures, contacts, notes, call history, messages and more with 3 simple steps. This iPhone 5/4S backup file extractor works for all iPhones, including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5/4S/4.
Steps below will guide you how to use this iPhone backup extractor Windows.
Step 1: Scan iPhone Backup
First of all you should download iTunes Data Recovery (iPhone Backup Extractor software). When you run iTunes Data Recovery on your computer, in the main interface you will see a backup files list. Your iPhone backup will be automatically found by the program once you have it synced with iTunes or backed up iPhone on your computer. Select the one that you want to extract, and then click "Start Scan" to begin scanning.
Step 2: Extract iPhone Backup
After scanning, you will find all the files stored on your iPhone displayed on a list. Select the files you need to extract and then click "Recover" to extract iPhone photos, contacts, notes, call history and more.
Step 3: Save the Extracted Files to Computer
In the end, all we need to do is select a path to save the extracted iPhone backup.
If the iTunes backup is encrypted, you could also find help for encrypted iPhone backup extractor here. And you have to first decrypt the iPhone backup. We have iPhone Backup Unlocker to help us accomplish the job of encrypted iPhone backup extractor. Besides iPhone backup, the program could also recover password for other iOS devices backups, for instance, iPad backup. Below is the tutorial for using this program.
- Step 1: Free Download iPhone Backup unlocker and run it. Make sure your backup file is on the same computer you are having access to. Click "Add" to import password-protected backup file.
- Step 2: Choose one type of attack from "Brute-force Attack", "Brute-force with Mask Attack" and "Dictionary Attack" to unlock iPhone iOS 7.1/7/6 backup password.
- Step 3: Click "Start" to unlock lost iPhone backup password.
After this, you could use iPhone Backup Extractor to extract the backup just with the same steps in Part 1 (it works as iPhone 4 backup extractor, iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s backup extractor).
Finally I'd like to remind you that the above suites for your Windows OS, if you are running Mac OS make sure that you choose iTunes Data Recovery for Mac(iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac software).