I beg you have the same concern with me: ultworried about data loss on iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S since the files mean a lot to us. Why not backup your iPhone to protect your data, such as Apple iPhone 5S contacts back up, photos backup, messages backup, WhatsApp Chat backup.
If you are looking for apps to backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S, here you are. In This article, I'd like to share with you the most useful methods I have tried to backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S contacts, photos, SMS, messages, and other data.
How to Backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S to Computer, External Hard Drive, iTunes, or iCloud?
From various methods I tried to backup iPhone or backup locked iphone, I have found out the best 3 ones: iPhone Data Recovery, iTunes, and iCloud. I would like to specify how I successfully backup my iPhone 5S.
Using iPhone Data Backup Software (other named iPhone Data Recovery) is the top 1 solution I found to backup iPhone to computer or the external hard drive to prevent losing data. With powerful and professional data recovery function, this software helps me backup all the important iPhone data, including photos (camera roll), text messages (iMessages), contacts, notes, call history, videos, Safari bookmarks, voice memos and other files in the readable formats, say the text contents in .txt, .xls, .xml and media contents in their original formats. Besides, it can help me backup iPhone without password when I forget what it is.
Here is how to backup iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery software. You can backup all data to the drive of your computer running Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista. If you want to backup iPhone to an external hard drive, plug your hard drive into computer first.
- 1. Connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable and run iPhone Data Recovery.
- 2. Since "Recover Data from iOS Device" is selected by default, you just need to click "Start Scan".
- 3. In the scanning result, select any data to preview. Then choose the files you want to backup and click "Recover".
- 4. In the pop-up window, select a save folder from your computer hard drives or from the external hard drive you plug in previously to start backing up iPhone.
I also tried to backup iPhone to iTunes. This is a nice tip. However, if you want to have a go with iTunes, you need to note that the backup files for your iPhone are unreadable since iTunes backup data into SQLITEDB files. You will not have access to these backup files when your iPhone is lost or damaged. To be honest, I prefer iPhone Data Recovery more than iTunes.
- 1. Sync with iTunes. It will generate a backup file automatically.
- 2. Click iPhone button in the upper right corner to open the iOS device's Summary tab, and click "Back Up Now".
Another good way I tried to backup iPhone is to use iCloud. But there are some limitations: only 5GB storage in iCloud is free, not all the data on iPhone are backed up (only the purchased music, pictures and videos in the camera roll. SMS/MMS messages, app data, device settings). Again, I highly recommend Any iPhone Data Recovery to you if you want to backup all the precious data on your iPhone.
iCloud will automatically backup your iPhone 5S is iCloud Backup is enable. To enable iCloud, you can go to Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage on your device. Then the backup runs automatically every day when:
- iPhone is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- iPhone is connected to the charger
- iPhone screen is locked.
Alternatively, you can backup iPhone 5S manually: select Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now.
Backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S in Case of Data Loss
First of all, let's figure out why we need to backup our devices. Backing up your iPhone is the first and most important way to avoid data loss due to the following reasons:
- 1. You accidently deleted some important data by pressing wrong buttons.
- 2. You restore iPhone to its original factory settings.
- 3. iOS update, such as iOS 10/9/8 update. (You'd better backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S before iOS 10 update).
- 4. Improper operation during jailbreak or jailbreak failure.
- 5. Your iPhone is lost, stolen, damaged (water damaged).
- 6. File corruption, or firmware corruption.
- 7. Virus attack.
- 8. Forget iPhone screen lock password, and the iPhone is locked.
- 9. iPhone is stuck in Apple white/black screen of death.
- 10. Inaccessible system error.
There are many other scenarios in which you need to backup iPhone 7/6s/6/6 Plus/5S. Follow the 3 ways I pick out for you from the mass to backup iPhone. Anyway, not all of us can get the chance to backup our device before data loss every time. Connect with us if you want to recover iPhone 5S data without backup.