For many people iPhone is not merely a device that keep us in touch with each other, it is also a device that contains many personal information, important data and happy memories, for example, the SMS, photos, notes, contacts. Therefore it is of great importance for you to backup iPhone 4S to PC before you jailbreak or upgrade to iOS 8/7.1/7. Here I have some tips for iPhone 4S backup, which you may need for data security.
Speaking of iPhone backup we may all be familiar with it, and the first thing come to our mind is iTunes and iCloud which are the things most people used to backup iPhone. However, if you've used iTunes or iCloud backed up, you may notice that unexpected things happens when you upgrade iOS 8/7 or iTunes. And this again makes you lose data from iPhone. As a result, It's necessary to backup iPhone 4s before ios 7 update, iOS 8/8.1 upgrade or before restore, and many more people now choose to backup iPhone 4S contacts, SMS, photos and other important information directly to PC.
What if you have never synched or backed up your iPhone 4S with iTunes? Then we still have iPhone Data Recovery to backup iPhone 4S photos, contacts, SMS, notes, etc. for you. This need you have your iPhone at hand so that you could let iPhone Data Recovery read data directly from your iPhone 4S. It also works to backup iPhone 4 as well as other iPhones.
- Step 1. To start to backup iPhone 4S, click "Start Scan".
- Step 2. Scan and preview iPhone files you want to transfer to PC.
- Step 3. Recover and save backed up files.
If you have iPhone 4S backup files, you can use iTunes Data Recovery to assist you in backing up iPhone 4S to PC by extracting iTunes backup with 3 steps. iTunes Data Recovery is a popular program that can extract photos, contacts, SMS, etc. from iTunes backup files. However you must make sure that you have iPhone backup files in your computer, i.e. you have synched or backed up your iPhone 4S with iTunes before. This is the best solution especially when you lost your iPhone, because you do not need your iPhone when you backup iPhone 4S.
- Step 1. Launch iTunes Data Recovery and it will automatically find iTunes backup files which were displayed on the main interface. In this way you could backup iPhone 4S without iTunes. Select your iPhone backup file and click "Start Scan" on the bottom of the interface.
- Step 2. iTunes Data Recovery allows you to preview files before you backup them to PC.
- Step 3. Select the exact files you need to backup and click "Recover" to backup iPhone 4S and then select a path to save iPhone 4S backup on your computer.
With iTunes Data Recovery you could backup iPhone 4S to MacBook as well. All the steps are the same; the only difference is that you need iTunes Data Recovery for Mac, another version of this tool to assist you in the backup.
Both methods offer us easy solutions to backup iPhone 4S though they work a little differently. Just choose one to backup your iPhone 4S and keep the backup in a safe place.