Activate an iPad is easy, but things will get complicated if you get iPad activation errors as below:
“Activation Error - Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer care.”
“Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.”
“Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached.”
If you are one of the unlucky guys and feel overwhelmed when getting those error, here we shared the top 6 ways to fix activation errors on iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/4/3/2, iPad mini 4/3/2.
Way 1. Wait for a While
Apple server may down due to millions of users activating their iPhone, iPad at the same time. If you get the iPad error that activation server could not is temporarily unavailable or cannot be reached, you should wait for a few minutes before trying again.
Way 2. Check Your Network Connection
Make sure your network connections is stable. If you use cellular, try to switch to Wi-Fi. Or connected to a different Wi-Fi because If your network is blocking gs.apple.com on a couple of ports, it will prevent you activating your iPhone successfully.
Way 3. Remove the Activation Lock in iCloud
Activation Lock can prevent people from taking, wiping, and restoring your iPhone or iPad without your express permission. Before an iPhone can be activated with a new account, you must remove it first.
- Turn off your device and go to iCloud.com. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone > Confirm your password > Select All Devices > Select the device that can't be activated > Choose Remove from Account.
- After that, you can turn on your device and activate it again.
Way 4. Reactivate Your iPad via iTunes
If your iPad still could not be activated, try to reactivate through iTunes in following steps.
- Reboot your iPad and connect it to iTunes with an USB cable.
- Select your device and you can see “Activate your iPad” on iTunes.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click on Continue to activate your iPhone.
Way 5. Fix iPad Activation Error with Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot)
Cannot Activate your iPad? Worse still, your iPad gets stuck on activation screen and cannot get past? Your newly installed iOS may have something wrong and cause the activation error. In this situation, Tenorshare Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) can easily fix iPad activation error by repairing the corrupted operating system.
- Run Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) and connect your iPad with the computer. Select “Fix All iOS Stuck” on the main interface. Click “Fix Now” to enter your device into recovery mode or DFU mode.
- Click “Download” button to start downloading the firmware package.
- After downloading. Click “Start Repair” to fix your stuck iPad d by repairing operating system.
That’s all for how to fix could not activate iPad error. We hope methods above could help you solve your problems. If you have any other issues, let us know in comment section below.