iPad users can always enjoy the strong camera function in iPad, say we you take beautiful photos, and delete those you don't want. It also often happens that you delete the wrong photos and want to recover photos from iPad. Can you recover photos from iPad without backup? If you are in need to recover lost photos from iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, the new iPad, or iPad 2, please refer to the followings:
- 1. Use iPad Data Recovery. iPad Data Recovery is a powerful program for Windows users to recover photos, camera roll, messages, notes, call history, videos, etc. from iPad (iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, the new iPad, and iPad 2). It offers 3 modes: restore photos from iPad 4/mini/3/2 without backup, retrieve iPad photos from iTunes backup file, and restore iPad photos from iCloud backup.
- 2. Use iPad Data Recovery for Mac. If you are Mac users, try this program to help you easily recover photos from iPad on Mac, as well as restore any other data directly without backup files or from iTunes/iCloud backup files.
Note: Both of the tools apply to all iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2, iOS 8.1, iOS 8, iOS 7 and iOS 6 devices. And they work for iPad Air photo recovery.
Here are the solutions on how to recover lost photos from iPad 4/mini/3/2 by using iPad data recovery tool:
Mode 1: Recover iPad Photos Directly without iTunes Backup Files.
Step 1: Connect iPad to Computer with a USB Cable
Run iPad Data Recovery. Connect your iPad with your computer and "Recover Data from iPad" mode is selected by default.
Step 2: Scan iPad Photos
Click "Start Scan" to scan lost photos on iPad.
Step 3: Preview and Recover Photos from iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
Select your deleted iPad photos to preview. Then choose the ones you need and click "Recover" button. Select a save path to restore photos from iPad 4/mini/3/2.
Have a free download and trial with this iPad data recovery software. It also works to recover photos from iPad after jailbreak.
Mode 2: Recover iPad 4/3/mini/2 Photos from iTunes Backup Files
Step 1: Scan iTunes Backup File
Run iPad Data Recovery and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". Select the file and click "Start Scan" button.
Step 2: Preview and Recover Deleted iPad Photos
Select the lost photos to preview. Choose the ones you like and click "Recover" button. Then select a save path to recover lost photos from iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2.
Now, all your lost iPad data get back!
Have a free trial with this iPad photo recovery software.
Mode 3: Recover iPad 4/3/mini/2 Photos from iCloud Backup Files
You can also restore photos on iPad 4/mini/3/2 from iCloud backup. The steps are quite simple: Login in iCloud account -> Select and download iCloud backup -> Preview and select the lost photos on iPad.
Tips: If you want to take photos on iPad 4/mini/3/2, you can:
- 1. Tap the physical "Home" button to go to the iPad home screen.
- 2. Tap the Camera app icon on the home screen to open the app.
- 3. Move the camera around until you find a pleasing image, and tap the Capture button at the bottom center of the screen.
- 4. Tap the icon in the top-right corner to switch between the front camera and rear camera.
- 5. Click the Capture button and release it to take another picture.
If you want to delete photos on iPad, you can:
- 1. Open the "Photos" application. The albums page loads.
- 2. Select the album from the page to open it. All photos will be displayed. Note: Tap the screen once to bring up the on-screen controls if they are not visible.
- 3. Tap a thumbnail to select the photo.
- 4. Tap the "X" icon to delete the picture.
- 5. Select the "Deleted Photo" option from the confirmation message to delete the photo from iPad. (Or select the "Cancel" option to abandon the action.)