iTunes is useful to restore iPad data or factory reset iPad when the device is frozen, disabled or locked. Still, there are sometimes that you need to restore iPad data or restore/factory reset iPad without iTunes. These situations include:
- Restore iPad data selectively and won't replace current data in your device.
- iTunes can't restore disabled/locked iPad.
- iTunes restore error 3194, 9, 3004, 14.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss both how to restore iPad to factory settings without iTunes and restore iPad data without iTunes.
Part 1. Restore iPad System without iTunes Using iPad Restore Tool
Method 1. Restore iPad without iTunes Using iPad Restore Tool
When an iPad is stuck on recovery mode/DFU mode, black screen or frozen, you can restore iPad system to fix iPad stuck/errors. The easiest and most straightforward way to factory reset an iPad without iTunes is to use a third-party software that has been made specifically to help iPhone/iPad users restore iOS system to factory settings. Any iOS System Repair is such a software that allows you to get your iPad restored without iTunes.
- The simplest way of restoring iPad system without iTunes.
- Factory restore iPad even when iTunes cannot recognize your device.
- Restore iPad to factory settings to fix serious system problems.
- It fixes dozens of issues on iPhone/iPad/iPod without data loss.
- Support iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, as well as iPhone X/XR/XS/8, other iOS devices.
- None yet
If this is the first time you came across the software, the following will show you how you can use it to restore your iPad:
Step 1: Download and install the software on your computer. Connect your iPad to your computer.
- If your iPad is stuck on recovery mode, Apple logo, or iPad is black screen, frozen, you can click on Repair Operating System option in the software to restore iPad system without data loss.
- If your iPad is disabled and iTunes can't restore it to factory settings, please select "Factory Reset iPhone" (iPad also) from the top menu. This feature will factory reset iPad to fix system issues by erasing all data.
Step 2. You'll need to downlonad the firwmare package for system resotre.
Step 4. Once the firmware is downloaded or imported, click on the button that says Start Repair to start restoring your iPad. There you go. Your iPad will be successfully restored without using the iTunes app.
Method 2. Factory Restore iPad without iTunes from Settings
If you do not like using a third-party software to restore your iPad, you can use the built-in restore option on your iPad to restore your device. The option is located in the settings app on your device that lets you reset your iPad. Then, you can use a backup to be restored on your device. The following shows how to restore iPad to factory settings without iTunes:
Step 1. Tap on the Settings app on your iPad to open the settings menu for your device.
Step 2. When the settings app launches, tap on the option that says General followed by Reset.
Step 3. On the reset screen, you will find an option that says Erase All Content and Settings. Tap on it.
The content on your iPad will be erased and your iPad will be reset to the factory settings. You can then restore your chosen backup from iCloud.
Method 3. Factory Reset iPad without iTunes using Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is a feature that lets you remotely factory reset an iPad. You can use it even when you do have access to your iPad. The following is how to use Find My iPhone to factory restore an iPad:
Step 1: Head over to the iCloud website using any browser on your computer. Once there, log-in to your account and then click on Find iPhone.
Step 2: When the Find My iPhone screen opens, click on All Devices at the top, select your iPad,.
Step 3: Lastly, tap on 'Erase iPhone' button followed by 'Erase' button. Now your iPad will be restored to factory settings.
Part 2. Restore iPad Data without iTunes
If you want to restore iPad data because you lost important data such as photos, videos, notes, etc., Any iOS Data Recovery is here to help you recover lost data without backup on iPad or restore iPad data from iTunes/iCloud backup without iTunes.
What iOS Data Recovery help:
- Recover iPad data without iTunes backup.
- Restore data selectively from iTunes/iCloud backups.
- Support to recover up to 25 types of data on iPad, almost any data, including photos, videos, reminders, notes, calendar, WhatsApp data, iBooks, etc.
- Support all iOS devices and iOS 12.2/12.1/12 or below.
Now, download this iPad data recovery to have a free trial.
Run this program and connect your iPad to PC/Mac, and select a recover mode first. If you do not own an backup, just use the defaul mode "Recover from iOS Device"; If you have iTunes or iCloud backups, just switch to "Recover from iTunes Backup File" or "Recover from iCloud Backup File" to selectitvely restore data from iTunes/iCloud without iTunes.
After scanning your iPhone directly, or scanning the target iTunes/iCloud backup file, you can preview lost files prior recovery.
Then, you can select the files that you want to restore and click Recover button. Photos, Messages and Contacts can be restored to iPad directly, other types of data can only be restored to computer.
So if you ever lose any data on your iPad/iPhone, iOS Data Recovery is one of the best choices to restore data without iTunes or iCloud.
I hope that you have already known how to restore iPad or restore iPad data without iTunes after reading this article. iOS System Repair is the recommended tool to restore iPad system without iTunes; while iOS Data Recovery is what you need if you would like to restore iPad data.