“Help, My iPad Air screen is completely frozen. i cannot do anything. I tried turning it off but i it won't, anyone can help me?”
"I try to update my iPad Pro to iOS 12 but it unfornately gets stuck on recovery mode during iOS 12 update. Worse still, iTunes can't recognize my iPad in recovery mode. Please help me"
Have you ever face the situation that your iPad became unresponsive, even completely freezing when you try to open/install an App, or iPad gets stuck on the recovery mode/DFU mode/Apple logo/black screen, etc during iOS upgrade/jailbreak. In these cases, a simply restart cannot reboot your iPad. Here we share 2 easy ways for you to reboot frozen iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/4/3/2/ and iPad mini 4/3/2.
- Part 1: Forcely Restart Your Frozen iPad
- Part 2: ReBoot Frozen iPad with Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) (No Data Loss)
- Part 3: Tips: Avoid iPad/iPhone/iPod touch Getting Stuck
Sometimes, your iPad becomes frozen or stuck may due to apps conflicts or corrupted memory left by apps. In this case, a force restart can easily close apps that causing issues and flush the memory the iPad uses for active applications.
- Press and hold Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously;
- Keep holding these two buttons for seconds after the screen turns black;
- Apple logo appears and your iPad will start again.
In most cases you fix frozen iPad by force restarting it, but some more complex problems like iPad gets bricked after iOS 12/11 update can't be solved by a simple force restart. In this case, a professional iOS reboot tool like Free Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) can easily fix your iPad stuck on recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, white screen, black screen, etc. especially during/after iOS 12/11 update/downgrade.
- Connect your iPad with computer via USB. Launch Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), you will see "Enter Recovery Mode"; option then click it. If your ipad has already stuck in recovery mode, skip it.
- When your iPad get into recovery mode, the "Exit Recovery Mode" button will be highlighted, click it and your iPad will restart without losing data.
- Run Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) and connect your iOS device with the computer. Select "Fix All iOS Stuck" on the main interface and click "Start" and follow the wizard to get your device detected.
- Once Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) detect your device, Click "Download" button to start downloading the firmware package online.
- After the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully. Click "Start Repair" to start system recovery.
If steps above still cannot get your iPad out of stuck, try to use "Fix All iOS Stuck" feature on Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) to repair the corrupted operating system to get your iPad a fresh start.
Still, it might be good for you to know how to reduce the probability that iPad/iPhone/iPod touch lack of reaction.
- Clear caches and useless files regularly (you can make it by a iOS cleaner software like Tenorshare iCareFone)
- Use reliable software (Apple Store) to download Apps, try not to install Apps which have been modified;
- Jailbreak users try not to install overmany Apps, in order to avoid plugins conflict, and install plugins from official sources;
- Regularly restart your devices to release memory.
Now you can choose a suitable one to fix your frozen or stuck iPad easily. We the solutions outlined here would help you solve your problem.