Lost files such as photos, music from iPod touch 5 after updating to iOS 7? Get stuck in recovery mode during iOS 7 update and need to recover your iPod touch data? No problem. For your information, here are 3 solutions to help you recover iPod touch data after iOS 7 update, including iOS 7.1 update.
How to Recover Lost Data from iPod Touch After Update to iOS 7
Although Apple has declared that the new iOS 7 is the greatest operating system, but many users have reported that there are still some annoying problems, such as data loss from iPod touch 5 after iOS 7 upgrade, iPod touch got stuck in recovery mode during update, iOS 7 update failed. If, unfortunately, you suffer these issues, follow the 3 ways below to recover iPod touch 5 data after iOS 7 update.
Solution 1. No Backup? How to Recover iPod Touch 5 Data After iOS 7 Upgrade
You may have successfully updated your iPod touch 5th generation to the new iOS 7. But what if you find the pictures, songs, contacts, notes, and other important data are lost? Worst still, you forgot to backup your device. It seems tragic, ha? However, without iTunes or iCloud backup files, you can still easily recover lost iPod touch 5 data after iOS 7 update by using iPod Data Recovery. This is a powerful and professional data recovery software to help you detect the device's lost files and recover all of them without backup.
1. Download iPod Data Recovery on your computer running Windows 8/7/XP/Vista and install it.Note: If your computer runs Mac OS X 10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6, go to iPod Data Recovery for Mac to recover lost iPod touch 5 data on Mac after iOS 7 upgrade.
- 2. Connect iPod touch 5 to computer via a USB cable and run this software. You will find "Recover Data from iPod" is selected by default. Click "Start Scan".
- 3. After scanning, you are allowed to preview all the lost data after iOS 7 upgrade. Then choose your data to recover and select a save path to save them.
Solution 2. Have iTunes Backup? How to Recover Data from iPod Touch 5 After iOS 7 Update
If you have used iTunes to sync or backup your iPod touch, iPod Data Recovery can help to recover iPod touch 5 files from iTunes backup after updating to iOS 7. Just select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" on the program's interface, choose the target backup file and click "Start Scan".
Then iPod Data Recovery will allow you to preview all the backup files and help you to perform data recovery from iTunes backup file and save all the data in the readable formats, such as text contents are in .txt, .xls, .xml, and media contents in their original formats.
Solution 3. Stuck in Recovery Mode? How to Recover iPod Touch 5 Files After Updating to iOS 7
If, unfortunately, your iPod touch 5 got stuck in recovery mode after having an issue while installing iOS 7, you need to restore your device and then recover data from iPod touch 5 when stuck in recovery mode after iOS 7 update.
- 1. Connect a USB cable to computer but not to iPod touch 5 and turn off your device.
- 2. Keep pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to iPod touch 5. Then the device should turn on.
- 3. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Then release the Home button.
- 4. When iTunes asks you to restore iPod Touch 5 before it can be used with iTunes click "Ok" to perform the recovery-mode restore.
- 5. After restore, all data on iPod touch 5 are erased. If you have no backup, try iPod Data Recovery to recover the lost data like what you do in solution 1; if you have iTunes backup, restore iPod touch 5 data from backup follow the wizard in iTunes.
Remember to share these methods with your family members, friends, or co-workers to help them recover lost iPod touch data after iOS 7 update whenever they need.