"iPhone 5 repeatedly freezes since iOS 8 upgrade last night. Even when phone works, it is very slow."
"After iOS 8 upgrade, many applications (Safari, Facebook, etc) load very, very slow (comparing with iOS7 version), with a significant delay of more than 10 seconds…"
Apart from poor battery life, blue screen of death, iDevice unable-to-turn-off-properly problem, iOS 8 running slow is another headache that most iOS 8 users are suffering. Even the new version iOS 8.3 update are less than satisfying. Wanna speed up iOS 8 on iPhone SE/6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4/3/2, iPod touch 5th generation? It will be well worth spending a few minutes to check out the following 3 tips to help get better performance of iOS 8, including iOS 8.1/8.2/8.3.
How to Speed Up iOS 8 on iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4/3/2, iPod touch 5
There are 3 options for you to improve the speed of ios 8 or iOS 8.1 on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
- Option 1: Hard Restart Your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Option 2: Remove Motion and Animation Effects in iOS 8
- Option 3: Clean iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to Free Up Storage Space
The first and the simplest thing to fix lag and slowness in iOS 8 is hard restarting your iDevice. It's just a matter of pressing both the power button, and the home button at the same time for 10-15 seconds. Once iOS 8 restarts, it may be faster than before. We also have tips to help you when you get caught up in reboot loop when restarting your device.
iOS 8 slow motion may also result from the animation effects. You need to disable motion and animation effects to improve the speed of iOS 8. Just go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion, and turn the switch on.
The most possible reason of iOS 8 sluggish performance and slowdowns is that you are almost out of storage in iOS 8 device. Tenorshare iCareFone(iPhone Care Pro), professional yet easy iOS issues fixing toolkit, can speed up your iPhone, iPad and iPod and free up space by removing unnecessary files on device. With several clicks, you can get better iOS 8 performance without losing data.
- Step 1: After you download iPhone Care Pro on a Windows computer (Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista), run it. Then connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to this computer. When the program detects your device, select "Speedup & Clean" on the main interface and click "Quick Scan" to move on.
- Step 2:Tenorshare iCareFone will start to analyze your iPhone and scan the junk files, temporary files, large files, photos and apps on your iPhone.
- Step 3. After the scan finishes, Tenorshare iCareFone will show you how many files the software scanned including Junk Files, Temporary Files, Photos, Large Files, and Apps. Select the file type you need to clean up. Then click "Clean".
If you find the above-mentioned 3 tips useful on how to speed up iOS 8 or iOS 9/10, you can share with your friends. And if you find another solution to fix it, be sure to share with us, too.