"My iOS mail application is terrible. Searches won't work, it's often too slow to use, it doesn't load mails, can't make connections to the server often, etc. How can I reset the mail app on iPhone or is there any other way to get it work again"
- From Apple Community
Mail keeps crashing after iOS 10 update? Mail app crashes every time when you try to compose a new email? Or Mail app works slowly and doesn't load mails or connect to the server? Some users reported having issues with their Mail on their iPhone and iPad such as not being able to send emails or receive emails, mail App freezing intermittently. Here we will try to give some useful tips to fix it.
- Part 1: Reset Mail App on iPhone and iPad
- Part 2: Reboot Your iOS Device to Get Mail to Work
- Part 3: One-stop Solution to Fix App Slow, Freezing or Crashing on iPhone and iPad
Firstly, you can try to reset the Mail app by deleting and re-establishing the afflicted account on iOS 10/9 iPhone. You can do as the following:
- Tap Settings and then tap Mail. Tap on the problematic account, then scroll to the bottom and select Delete Account.
- Go back to the main Mail settings pane and tap Add Account to re-create the account, re-entering your settings.
If reset the Mail app doesn't work for you, you need to completely reboot you device from Recovery Mode to fix app crashes caused by software conflicts.
Instead of using iTunes, Free Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) can help you enter and exit Recovery Mode with only 1 click. Free and Effectively!
- Run Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), once it detects your device; click "Enter Recovery Mode" to put your iPhone, iPad into Recovery Mode.
- If your device displays the classic USB to iTunes logo (Recovery Mode), click the "Exit Recovery Mode" and the device will boot up. After restarting, the Mail should work well on your device.
With time, your iPhone will accumulate a series of needless files like junk files, caches, logs, history. Those files will take up your iPhone space and make iPhone perform slowly, apps freeze or crash. Tenorshare iCareFone, a highly recommended iOS cleaner that can deeply analyze your iPhone, iPad and detect all junk files, temporary files, hidden large files on your device.
- Run Tenorshare iCareFone and connect your iOS device to computer with an USB cable. Click Speedup & Clean on the main interface and you can see picture below displaying the storage info of your device.
- Click Quick Scan button and Tenorshare iCareFone will start to analyze and scan your device. After scanning, you can see the total space taking by junk files, temporary files, photos, large files and apps on your device. Select the file type you want to clear and click "Clean" next them.
So we have shown 3 methods for you to solve Mails issues on iPhone and iPad including how reset Mail on iOS. If you have any other problems or solutions, please leave a message at the comment area.