"I get no message bubble/screen effects option when I press and hold send icon. Also no emoji alternative to text appears in predictive text bar.When holding keyboard emoji icon the words in text with emoji alternatives will highlight but no emoji will show in text. Using iMessage with iOS 10 on an iPhone 6 Plus."
- Apple Community
One of the major features of iOS 10 and something that every user wants to try out is the iMessage effects like fireworks, confetti, and stickers. Thus we can send iMessages with bubble effects or screen effects, how interesting it is! But some users complain that the iMessage effects don't work on their iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6/SE/5 in iOS 10, or after updating to iOS 10.2. Luckily, there are a couple of methods that can fix this issue. Read on to find out how to fix message effects on iPhone not working.
- Part 1: Quick Solutions to Fix iOS 10 Message Effects not Working
- Part 2: Dislodge Message Effect Doesn't Work with Free Tenorshare ReiBoot
Solution 1: Make sure your iPhone is Running iOS 10
The new iMessage effects are only available for iPhones on iOS 10 or newer, so head over to Settings > General > Software Update and check for update.
Solution 2: Reboot Your iPhone
This should be the first choice when anything goes wrong on your iOS device. If not working, move up to the next solution.
Solution 3: Disable "Reduce Motion" in Accessibility
Navigate to Settings> General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and make sure the switch is turned off (grey, not green).
Solution 4: Turn iMessage off and on
Navigate to Settings > Messages > Turn off iMessage > Turn it on after a few seconds. Some users have fixed message effects not working in iOS 10 issues with this method.
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
This is the a risky way to go as it will cause some losses like, saved Wi-Fi Networks, Wallpaper settings and anything in Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Reset and press Reset All Settings.
Sometimes message effects not working on iPhone is indicating a mistake of your iOS systems. There might be a fault that prevents iMessage from running correctly. So here we strongly recommend using Tenorshare ReiBoot, which can put your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch in/out of recovery mode to fix iOS 10 message effects not working and help reboot your stuck device by repairing operating system.
- Download Tenorshare ReiBoot free and open it. The program will detect your device as soon as your iPhone is connected with the computer.
- Click "Enter Recover Mode" to fix stuck issues and go on clicking "Exit Recovery Mode" to bring device back to normal. Then the device will reboot by itself.
- If necessary, you can choose to repair operating system to get rid of this issue. Click "Fix All iOS Stuck" and press "Repair now" to continue.
- Choose a folder to save the new firmware and then click "Download".
- After finishing the download, the program will restore iOS system automatically.
Now you have got these solutions to resolve iPhone message effects not working in iOS 10.3/10.2.5/10.2.1/iOS 10; and we hope the last method could help root out this problem, have a try?