Now you can only downgrade back to iOS 11.2.5 for Apple is no longer signing iOS 11.2, 11.1, 11.0.3, 11 or older. However, this article is still the way to downgrade iOS X.X.X Beta back to a previous version. The steps are the same.
"iPad Air crashes frequently with blue screen after updating to iOS 8."
"iOS 8 killed my iPhone 5 performance!!"
"I don't like iOS 8. Can I revert to iOS 7?"
Poor battery life, too large file size, blue screen of death and etc. iOS 8 users must have freaked out by these iOS 8 bugs recently. Even though apple has made great effort to fix these bugs by releasing the new iOS 8.x (ios 8.0.1/8.0.2, iOS 8.1 or newer), the result is not so satisfying. What's worse, Apple has closed the path of downgrading from iOS 8.x to iOS 7.1.2. Now, if you are eager to downgrade iOS 8.1, iOS 8.0.2, or ios 8.0.1 back to iOS 7.x, or downgrade iOS 8 back to iOS 7.x, including iOS 7.2.1/7.1.1/7.1/7.0.6/7.0.5/7.0.4/7.0.3/7.0.2/7.0.1/7.0, we'd like to help you out.
2. Download the iOS 7.x (iOS 7.2.1/7.1.1/7.1/7.0.6/7.0.5/7.0.4/7.0.3/7.0.2/7.0.1/7.0) IPSW. Currently, although Apple has closed the official path for downgrading, you can turn to the website we offer to download the iOS 7.x IPSW and save it on your computer hard drive: http://ipsw.me/all. From this website, you can choose a proper IPSW for your iPhone, iPad and iPod. No worries, this is very safe.
3. Update your iTunes. Make sure you are running the latest iTunes version.
Part 2. How to Downgrade iOS 8/8.1 to iOS 7.x without Data Loss
After you prepare everything, we'll tell you in the following how to downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.x in an easy way.
2. Select your device in iTunes and then go to summary page in iTunes. From the iTunes on your computer, click on "Restore [name of device]", here we take iPhone as an example.
3. Then a window will pop up asking you to select the IPSW file. Locate the iOS IPSW file you just download and click on "Update".
4. Then iTunes will recognize the IPSW file and display the message reminding you can restore your device to the iOS version you want. Click on "Restore".
After all the above has been done, the downgrade process will begin. Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch will reboot with new iOS version installed.
1. For those who want to downgrade iOS 8.0.2, 8.0.1 to iOS 7.x can also try this method.
2. If you fail to downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.x, or from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8, that's possibly because the IPSW file you just download is not the correct one. Thus make sure you get the right one.
We really hope this article will help you a lot to downgrade iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S, iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4/3/2, and iPod touch 5 from iOS 8.x, including iOS 8.0.2/8.0.1/8.0/8.1 back to iOS 7.x. Even if you want to jailbreak the new iPhone SE, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, you can try the method above to downgrade it from iOS 9.3 for iOS 7 jailbreak. If you have any good suggestion, or any problem, leave it in the comment. We'll make some improvement.