iDevices Can't be Switched off Normally after iOS 8 Upgrade?
"Suddenly my iPhone 4s won't turn off properly, after I update it to iOS 8. Apple logo appeared after I pressed down the Power button for a while. Any help to fix this?"
Super annoying iOS 8 bugs have driven some users crazy recently. And according to some forums, one of these obvious bugs is that iPhone, iPad, or iPod can't be switched off properly: devices enter recovery mode directly after pressing down power button, or turn off automatically all of a sudden.
How to Solve it When iPhone/iPad/iPod can't be Shut off Properly after iOS 8 Update
It's really frustrating to find your iOS 8 device not switching off normally. To solve this, you need to put it into recovery mode firstly and then exit recovery mode. Here is a professional and free tool for you - Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot), to help you turn off iPhone, iPad, iPod properly after iOS 10/9.3 or iOS 8.1/8.2/8.3/8.4 update in just one click. Moreover, it won't cause data loss or damage to your iOS 8 devices (which includes iPhone SE/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4/3/2, iPod touch 5th generation.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone/ iPad/iPod to your computer.
- Step 2: Run Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot). Click on "Enter Recovery Mode" to put your device into recovery mode. If your device has been in recovery mode, Any iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) will remind you so that you don't need to click on "Enter Recovery Mode". Directly turn to step 3.
- Step 3: Click on "Exit Recovery Mode". Your device will reboot and come to normal. Then you can turn off your iDevice properly.
Extra Knowledge: Other iOS 8 Bugs Occurred to iPhone/iPad/iPod
iOS 8 is not perfect as we have expected, and even iOS 8.4 cannot fix all the bugs. Some Apple users complained in forums that many problems came out on iDevices after iOS 8 update. The following are the most frequently met ones.
- 1. App store starts slowly. It's troublesome that app store starts in a pretty slow speed, or it goes completely blank when it is open, since most applications we use must be downloaded from it.
- 2. Blue screen of death. iOS 8 is causing a lot of blue screen of death in iOS devices. The device's entire screen goes blue for a second. Most of the crashes are happening on an iPad. Thus, fix this blue screen of death is urgent.
- 3. Settings app crash. Several iOS 8 users have been wary of the Spotlight search bug hidden inside the settings app, which is notoriously known to crash the app while checking the search results or using the search interface.
- 4. Battery issues. Many users said that iOS 8 drains battery extremely fast on iDevices. Here We have a few tips to improve iPhone battery issues.
Considering these problems from iOS 8 update, you'd better think carefully whether you really need such an iOS 8 update.