A library of books is sitting in your pocket with iBooks available. This app, pre-installed by Apple, enables you to read your favorite books wherever you are or whenever you are convenient. While enjoying the great joy it brings to us, you will find there are troubles with attempt to remove books downloaded in iBooks, such as cannot delete books from iBooks on iPad/iPhone, and these increasing books are taking up much space on your devices. Here you can find ways to hide purchased books in iBooks app, and also provide solutions to completely delete unwanted books from iBooks on iPhone and iPad.
Three parts will be covered in this tutorial:
- Part 1: Remove Free Books from iBooks on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- Part 2: Completely Delete Books in iBooks App Using Tenorshare iCareFone
- Part 3: Hide Purchase History on iTunes/iCould
Here is Apple's native way to help delete iBooks files on iOS devices.
- 1. Launch iBooks App on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- 2. Find "Select" in the top right corner and choose a book you no longer need.
- 3. Tab the red icon "Delete" when you have made the choice. An option will pop up as below:
And then the selected copy will be removed from your device.
However, you can only delete free books from iBooks by this way. The purchased books from iBook/iTunes store still appear on the bookshelf with a cloud icon on the top right corner. This is because Apple's policy will not allow you to delete purchase history, and you can redownload purchased books at any time with a simple click to the cloud icon.
The only way to make they disappeared from your sight is to hide books with iCould badge. Tap "All Books" right above My Books page. Slide "Hide iCloud Books" and the bookshelf will be empty. This is the best you can do on the devices so far.
If you want to totally clear up purchased books in iBooks, you should try a professional iOS management tool called Tenorshare iCareFone to get iBooks files off your devices.
Tenorshare iCareFone aims to provide a better and easier way for iOS users to manage iBooks files. It's been highly praised by our customers for perfect compatibility with iOS 12 beta/11/10.3/10.2/10/9/8 and under devices. Here we will show you how to get unwanted iBooks deleted using Tenorshare iCareFone.
- 1. Install Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC/Mac and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with the USB cable. Find "File manager" on the home page.
- 2. Click "iBooks" and then all files, including PDFs and ePubs, will be listed on the page. Select all or the books you want to remove.
- 3. Open iBooks on you iPhone/iPad and these deleted books disappear from the bookshelf.
That is all. You'll find it is quite easy to remove a book from iBooks. Except for the function to delete iBooks files, Tenorshare iCareFone also offers a great convenience for you to import and export all the books freely within a few seconds. iPhone performance speeding up, data backing up and transferring, ads blocking, OS repairing can also be achieved with this powerful software.
If you have synced your iPhone or iPad with iCloud, one thing you need paying attention to is that you cannot delete purchased books from iTunes. Downloaded books may appear on iTunes store even you have removed them from iOS devices. The only solution is to hide iBooks purchase history.
- 1. Launch iTunes on your PC or iBooks on Mac and log in if promoted.
- 2. Find "Quick Links" on the middle right. Click "Purchased" and select "Books" and you will see the iCloud books.
- 3. Click the little X on upper left when moving your mouse to a purchased book. You will be prompted to confirm whether to hide the book. Choose "Hide" then settled.
There are many situations you want iBooks files disappeared. Regular support you find on forum may not be suitable for you because those are individual cases. Thus we recommend Tenorshare iCareFone to help solve your problems fundamentally. Try it now and find more surprise!