“After updating iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus, it is near impossible for me to import my photos to my MacBook Pro. I plug my phone to computer and manually open Photos, noting shows up.”
Recently, many users complained they can’t import photos from iPhone after iOS 11 update. Some said the photos won’t show up after opening Photos app on Mac while others also reported the DICM folders are not available on PC. The reasons for this issue can be USB failure, old software versions, unsupported devices etc. In this guide, we’ll show you some tips to fix this problem completely.
- Part 1: How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Appearing on Computer
- Part 2: An Alternative to Move Photos from iPhone to PC/Mac
- Check your phone is locked or not. Sometimes your iPhone is locked or turned off, the computer won’t be able to recognize it.
- Unplug iPhone and quit iPhoto, Photos and iTunes. Then plug the phone back and restart Photos/iPhoto.
- Check the USB cable and connect iPhone to a different USB port.
- Turn off iPhone and computer and restart them again.
- Check if there’s an update available for your Windows and MacOS, if so, update to the newest version.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features to check if Apple Mobile Device Support is installed.
- If you are using other photo storage device, that could be conflicting with iPhoto. Quit these applications and have another try.
If you are still unable to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac or Windows 10/8/7 PC after trying all the workarounds above, free download Tenorshare iCareFone to import iPhone photos to computer without any restrictions. This program is designed to share photos, music, videos and other up to 9 types of files between iPhone and computer easily.
- Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on computer, run the software and connect iPhone to PC. Once your iOS device is recognized, select “File Manage” from the interface.
- Choose “Photos” from the file types and the software will automatically list out all the photos in your iPhone. Tick the one you want to export to computer and click “Export”.
The Bottom Line
This article introduced you some easy tricks to fix computer won't import pictures from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7Plus/SE/6s/6 after iOS 11 update and an easy tool to transfer pictures and other files between iPhone and computer. If you still have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Have a nice day!